Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #1

Arrow What kind of 7" LCD Monitor is everyone using?

This Monaco came with a in dash 7" wide color monitor with reciever and changer control. It's a Panasonic CQ-VA707WEUC. I cannot get the unit to open so I can view the screen. Anyone have simular problems with their Panasonic?
Just wondering if I should spend the money to have it fixed, (if it's something that I cannot do) or to go and buy the latest technology out there.
DonGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
rex

Monaco Owners Club
I have a ASA AOM-7694. This is a Voyager system. Jensen offers the same thing as they are owned by ASA. ASA is Audiovox Specialized Applications, also called ASA Electronics.

This is a three camera monitor and yes I have side cameras. The side cameras are basically useless so save your money. My rear camera is motorized so I can look at the hitch or way behind the car.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:05 AM   #3

Rex did you install the voyager system? If so did you need to run a new cable for the camera? Does your camera change angles? If so did you modify the existing rear camera housing to accomodate the multiple angles?

I have a 2002 diplomat with a black and white monitor/camera and I can only see the hitch and up to the front windsheild of my toad, because the camera has only one position. I would like to see beyond the windsheild of my toad when traveling. The monitor is on the way out as adjusting the contrast to make the picture viewable is difficult, so I'm considering updating to a voyager system.
tomgagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I don't think the OP is talking about a rear camera monitor. I think he is referring to a Radio that has a monitor that slides out and then tips up. If he would tell us what the make model and year of the coach I think people with similar coaches might be able to help.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #5

Sorry about that, I thought those types of in dash monitors had video feeds for gps and rear cameras.
tomgagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #6
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Tom, yes I am talking about a backup camera in the rear. It is motorized and controlled by a switch on the cockpit monitor. It is a Voyager VCCT130 camera.

I did the complete installation myself at the time I also changed out the cracked dash. I installed the dash from a 2003 which placed the monitor on the top right where it can be viewed much better. Running a new cable was a chore but not all that difficult as there is a spare conduit under the coach along the driver's frame rail. If you plan on doing this, drop me a line rbdtanasi @ yahoo.com and I will send you all the details to both change the dash and install the backup system.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #7

ITDAVE, yes exactly it is a radio among other functions (am/fm radio, camera monitor, dvd, cd, navigation tool) with a 7" screen that slides out and tilts up. It is the Panasonic CQ-VA707WEUC. More importantly it provides viewing thru the rear camera, which I really need.
I've got a 2001 Monaco Signature if this will help
Old 03-29-2010, 09:01 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I took a quick look on the web and it looks like Pioneer and Kentwood both make units that could be used to replace your Panasonic. I also saw that there were used Panasonic units for sale at Ebay. Looks like the unit from Pioneer runs about $1700.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdave View Post
I took a quick look on the web and it looks like Pioneer and Kentwood both make units that could be used to replace your Panasonic. I also saw that there were used Panasonic units for sale at Ebay. Looks like the unit from Pioneer runs about $1700.
YIKES !!!! $1700 !!!!
Well, I pulled the dashboard apart today to try and find an inline fuse for the unit and to track down the control box for this Panasonic which is supposed to have a reset button. What I found were 4 dead and petrified mice all huddled together at the control box right where they had chewed through one of the wires for the unit. I don't know if that is what killed then or if that is the actual problem with the Panasonic display unit. I'm going down to Radio Shack tomorrow and get a replacement wire and connector and then power up to see if I'm getting the results that I want. Thanks for all the advice and comments guys..................
Old 04-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #10

We have the Panasonic cq-va707weuc in our 2002 HR Imperial. To use it we have to flip the radio rocker switch located in the center panel. That gets power to the unit. Then push the open/close button and the screen extends and tilts (sometimes the screen requires a little manual assist when extending or retracting.

Joe & Margie
Joe&Margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I got tired of trying to read the mini-screen while driving so I wired the signal into the TV. It was still a bit of a distraction to see it so I mounted a flip down ceiling mount monitor under the TV cabinet. Now I have all my aladdin and rear view pix right there on a 13" screen.
Ron
Old 05-05-2010, 04:25 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
To Tomgagne - Re your problem with the rear camera not showing more than the front of your toad, I had the same problem with the camera on my coach. I have the Voyager system and the rear camera does adjust up and down, but as installed by Monaco, it did not go up high enough to see past the toad. I solved that problem by loosening the four screws holding the camera in place and then putting small steel washers under the bottom two screws to act as shims to lever the camera up a bit. It only took a couple on each screw. Solved the problem.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #13

Hi Guy's, I just replaced the rear view camera and monitor in my 98' Beaver Patriot. The original was really blurry. I've only had this coach a month and have never even had a rear camera system before that.

My question is what is the proper angle set up. Right now the bottom of the monitor screen image starts about 2' back from the bumper and out to the horizon. Should I adjust it down a little more to show the bumper itself?

Do you guys use them more for looking at the toad and traffic or backing up?

Thanks, Mike
Old 05-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #14

Mine has the Voyager system with rear and side cameras and Garmin GPS. I just--today--bought the Magellan 1750 (7'") GPS system as I don't like the split screen showing GPS and rear view camera. I also don't like the GPS view going away when I use the turn signal. Finally, the Voyager display is not in an ideal location.

Given the $200 price for the Magellan system, it was not that much more than replacing the dated maps in my fixed Garmin unit.

Gil
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote