RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2019, 09:38 PM   #1

Where did they hide it?

I've been trying to locate the connector for a trailer brake controller. I looked under the dash by the pedals and steering column. Look behind the instrument panel and behind the radio panel.

Where else would have put it?

Thanks

Carl

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2019, 11:30 PM   #2

What year is your coach?
Not all have them, my 2002 did not come with it.

Old 08-24-2019, 12:49 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW Mine had a fake trailer brake wire in the wiring harness at the hitch, the blue brake controller wire literally went nowhere, it ended maybe 2 feet from the hitch pigtail inside the harness loom. I had to run my own wire all the way back from the dash.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:33 AM   #4

Our coach is an '06 Dynasty which shares most of its design and documentation with the Executive and Signature of the same year. Here is a photo of how Monaco did the wiring for our Unified Tow Brake system. They installed this prior to our taking delivery of the coach, new.

The four conductors above the blue crimp connectors are, I believe, the original conductors that supplied power and carried the control signal thru to the rear of the coach. At the location of the blue crimp connectors, according to drawings and documentation from Monaco, I would have expected to see connector M66, but our coach did not have that M66 connector.

Monaco apparently had pre-modified brake controller leads for the Unified systems, as that was a system commonly installed by them. They simply cut off the M66 connector and spliced into the existing wiring using the blue crimp connectors where the M66 had been removed.

All of this is located behind the removable panel by the driver's left leg.

I hope this might help you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tow Brake Wiring.pdf (543.3 KB, 7 views)
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 01:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
Our coach is an '06 Dynasty which shares most of its design and documentation with the Executive and Signature of the same year. Here is a photo of how Monaco did the wiring for our Unified Tow Brake system. They installed this prior to our taking delivery of the coach, new.

The four conductors above the blue crimp connectors are, I believe, the original conductors that supplied power and carried the control signal thru to the rear of the coach. At the location of the blue crimp connectors, according to drawings and documentation from Monaco, I would have expected to see connector M66, but our coach did not have that M66 connector.

Monaco apparently had pre-modified brake controller leads for the Unified systems, as that was a system commonly installed by them. They simply cut off the M66 connector and spliced into the existing wiring using the blue crimp connectors where the M66 had been removed.

All of this is located behind the removable panel by the driver's left leg.

I hope this might help you.

I haven't looked in the driver side panel yet. My 07 Camelot had it tucked under the dash by the pedals.

Back to searching.......

Carl
Old 08-25-2019, 09:18 AM   #6

Found it

Connector was hiding behind the driver side panel. 11 Ty-Rap's holding that baby in there. Someone sure liked Ty-Raps.

Carl