Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2011, 04:09 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Bob I am getting confused on which Auto Start system you are talking about. There are two totally separate systems in the MH. One is the Auto Temp Start (ATS) and the Auto Gen Start (AGS) will start the generator if you set the temperature on the control module to what you want it to start at and set your thermostats at the same temps
The ATS is self contained and has its own temp sensor in the ATS remote control unit and is not wired into any of the AC thermostats. Once the preset temp is reached it starts the generator which will run for a preset two hours then will shut down. The Auto Gen Start is tied into the Magnum inverter and starts the generator if the batteries get below a programed charge level or the shore power drops below a preset level. With the AGS turned on it is always possible to have the generator start if that shore power drops. Which systematic are you've talking about?
Mike,

Your coach is much higher up the food chain than ours and I am sure has equipment that we do not have. Unless it is hidden in the wall space, with Monaco a posibility, we do not have the ATS. We have the Magnum AGS, the Magnum MSW ME2012 Inverter, and the Magnum Remote on the wall control panel.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2011, 04:13 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Ed S gets the prize. Last winter I found that the front and rear temp sensors for the AC/Heat Pumps were located inside the wall cavity and did not work well. See this post:
Bob
Sorry, I should have said(Observer) Dennis Codella
gets the prize and not Ed S.

Thank you so much for your help.

Bob
Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #17

Bob, it has nothing to do with my MH. In the start of this thread you are talking about automatically starting your generator when a certain temp is reached and where inside is the temp sensor and how is it tied into the AC system which indicates you are talking about an ATS. I think several replies are in reference to that system.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:40 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Bob, it has nothing to do with my MH. In the start of this thread you are talking about automatically starting your generator when a certain temp is reached and where inside is the temp sensor and how is it tied into the AC system which indicates you are talking about an ATS. I think several replies are in reference to that system.
Mike,

Our coach only has the Magnum AGS that will start the generator based on either the temperature inside the coach going above a predetermined set point or the battery voltage dropping below a predetermined value. The AGS has a remote temperature sensor and I was trying to locate where it was located inside the coach. Thanks to this thread I found it buried inside the bedroom wall near where the rear AC temp sensor is located. It has now been moved out into the room air space and I expect it to work much better.

Sorry if my OP was not clear,

Bob