Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2017, 10:49 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Location: Domiciled in Florida, Full Timer west of the Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Denver Send a message via MSN to Denver Send a message via Yahoo to Denver
Where is my RV2012 inverter located

Hi everyone,

I have a 2000 Dynasty King 40. My Trace Engineering RC7GS is clicking madly and I need access to my Trace Engineering RV2012 inverter/charger.

This is driving me mad, where is the inverter located?

Thanks
Denver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2017, 11:19 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My Inverter is in the cargo bay right behind the battery bay. It should be close to the batteries.
broadrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:22 AM   #3

Look up, mine is mounted to the ceiling of a storage bay.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:32 AM   #4

Ditto, mine is located in storage bay net to power reel, look up, it is mounted to underside of coach floor.

Outbound
2002 Monaco Executive
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:07 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Bay ceiling one bay forward of electrical bay driver's side?
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:56 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Denver Send a message via MSN to Denver Send a message via Yahoo to Denver
Thanks, everyone for the replies.

Lessee,

First the electrical bay on the road side is forward of the driver's seat, one bay forward of the passenger side electrical bay on the driver's side of the coach is the water and sewer connections, the next bay is the water filter. There is no cargo bay behind the battery bay.

I have emptied all my bays and crawled through those that pass through, nothing mounted on roof of bays, not hatches or trap doors in any bay.

I don't understand "cargo bay right behind the battery bay" forward of the battery bay is the black water tank, rearward of the battery bay is the electrical connections (battery boost solenoid, battery isolator, a tiny (carton of cigarettes sized) converter and labeled connections), no inverter and there is nothing but the engine compartment behind that.

Thanks, As I said, this is driving me mad.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:25 PM   #7

Hi Denver; In one of your pass thru storage compartments, do you see 2 black plexaglass panels with a 1" hole in them. If you slide the panels apart the inverter should be able to be seen somewhere in that compartment. If you have shore power hooked up there is a small flashing green light on the front of the inverter. The inverter is white in color and about the size of a box a set of hiking boots would come in. That little devil should be in there somewhere. I know Dennis in Texas has a 2000 Dynasty. Hope he responds since he has almost the same coach. Good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:35 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi Denver; In one of your pass thru storage compartments, do you see 2 black plexiglass panels with a 1" hole in them.
Thanks 8.3Oilburner

Would these panels be on the underside of the roof of the storage bay? Dang, you'd think such a thing would be accessible to operate in case the remote goes bad (as mine has).

I'll go empty the bays again starting with the one closest to the batteries (all three are under the kitchen slide which I suppose I'll retract for easier access).
Old 07-26-2017, 03:26 PM   #9

Hi again Denver; The plexaglass panels are located in the walls between the storage bays, not in the ceiling. Most, but not all in Monaco's, the inverter is on the opposite side of where you wet bay is or where your water manifold, water pump etc. is. I would start, sorry if you have to unload, the bay closest to the rear of the coach. In my 01 Windsor 34PBD, I have only one storage bay. The panels are to the rear of the bay and when you open those panels you have access to the transfer switch, inverter, water pump and manifold plus the water heater. I know you are going to find it! When this hunt is all over, let us know where it was hiding. Good luck! Also as Jeff mentioned, it could be mounted to the ceiling of one of your pass thru storage bays.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:10 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi again Denver; The plexaglass panels are located in the walls between the storage bays, not in the ceiling. Most, but not all in Monaco's, the inverter is on the opposite side of where you wet bay is or where your water manifold, water pump etc. is.
Thanks for the reply. Directly across from the wet bay (road side) is the black water tank (curb side).

The good news is I have yet to locate my Manabloc? manifold or the water pump. I'll check between the rearmost bay and black water tank first chance and report back. Thanks again.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:13 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
We have met the enemy

And he is us.

Thanks everyone.

The inverter was indeed behind a sliding panel within the rearmost storage bay. Don't know how I missed it before. The panel was carpeted wood, not plexiglass, however.

Now to find a replacement RC7 or RC7/GS.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:37 AM   #12

We replaced our original Trace with a xantrex 815-2015 2000w PSW which Xantrex assured us would work. Here's the issue we encountered.
On our 50am coach we had 2 in 2 out wiring. we have 2 breaker boxes with an inverter breaker on each box. So the old trace had 2 outgoing wires one to each breaker
When we ordered the new xantex it came with only 1 out wire. That was a no go because it meant not all of our outlet would be powered. Our installer assistant had already prepped the new one when the installer discovered the issue. We could not return the unit. What a nightmare. But.... u
So heres my advice :
Contact Inverter Sales and Service in White House, TN. If possible speak to Randy Seabolt. These guys truly know their stuff.
1. They helped us figure out how to fix the install of the new inverter ( note we didn't purchase it from them)
2. They recently did a warrant repair on the new one. They received it last Friday afternoon, put it on the bench, repaired and shipped it back out on Tuesday, with our receiving it yesterday.
3. They will make sure you have the right inverter
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:18 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Denver, don't know how long you have had the coach, but hopefully, the compartment the inverter is in is well ventilated. A friend of mine who uses his inverter(leaves it on all the time) is working on his third inverter(2004 Endeavor). His compartment like mine is not vented either. I don't use mine very often but it went out recently as well(2002 Diplomat). Since I now have a household fridge with a new PSW Inverter, the inverter fans stay on quite a bit. The instructions for the new inverter states the compartment should be well vented. Therefore, I have put vents in the vicinity of the new inverter. I'm saying this based on experience, so good luck with your Camper-MH. David.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:54 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Nana, that was great advice and should be a sticky under Inverter service so that everyone might benefit from you experience.

My inverter appears to work, it inverts 12v to 110v and when it isn't inverting, running off the genny or shore power, the coach works fine electrically.

Thanks for the great response.

Paul

Tags
cat, inverter