Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #1

My fellow RVer has a new 2006 HR 35' class A with all the "bells & whistles". He recently discovered that his "auto leveler" system doesn't quite get the job done when used automatically. It does work, however, when each set of jacks are extended manually.

While still under warranty, he has had both his dealer & the Power Jack representative tell him to try resetting the levelling computer. In fact, he's brought the coach in to 2 different dealers who claimed to have "fixed" the auto-levelling problem; however, when he returns home to his LEVEL concrete driveway, it's strictly nada!
When he asked the dealers [& Power Jack] for info about zeroing the level computer, they sent him a diagram of some basic coach wiring showing the touch pad control unit [in the dashboard] and another unit called the control module. The diagram gives no indication as to where the control module is mounted.

When the dealers were asked about the location, the only info they gave was: "...follow the cable from the touch pad panel to the module..."

I cannot begin to describe how many places we searched for this unit. It is not under the dash nor is it visible under the hood/fenders/body of the coach. The wire seems to "disappear" into a large wire loom above the steering shaft under the dash then goes through the firewall where it's merged with many, many others. No control module is visible anywhere.

Anybody want to volunteer some info? Thanks much in advance!
zooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #2

My fellow RVer has a new 2006 HR 35' class A with all the "bells & whistles". He recently discovered that his "auto leveler" system doesn't quite get the job done when used automatically. It does work, however, when each set of jacks are extended manually.

While still under warranty, he has had both his dealer & the Power Jack representative tell him to try resetting the levelling computer. In fact, he's brought the coach in to 2 different dealers who claimed to have "fixed" the auto-levelling problem; however, when he returns home to his LEVEL concrete driveway, it's strictly nada!
When he asked the dealers [& Power Jack] for info about zeroing the level computer, they sent him a diagram of some basic coach wiring showing the touch pad control unit [in the dashboard] and another unit called the control module. The diagram gives no indication as to where the control module is mounted.

When the dealers were asked about the location, the only info they gave was: "...follow the cable from the touch pad panel to the module..."

I cannot begin to describe how many places we searched for this unit. It is not under the dash nor is it visible under the hood/fenders/body of the coach. The wire seems to "disappear" into a large wire loom above the steering shaft under the dash then goes through the firewall where it's merged with many, many others. No control module is visible anywhere.

Anybody want to volunteer some info? Thanks much in advance!
Old 08-23-2006, 02:33 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome aboard, Zooom. We hope you (and your buddy) have found a second-home. Come back and see us, and be sure to give your friend our address.

I can only speak for my '06 HR Endeavor, and I'm sure others will chime in with theirs, but my control module is in the curbside basement storage bay, screwed to the underside of the bay 'roof'. I'm not real fond of the location, because I figure I'm gonna hit it while moving something someday, but at least it's accessable. I haven't tried adjusting mine yet, but I think I saw the procedures outlined in Power-Gear stuff.

Have y'all tried a call to Monaco Tech-Help? They are another resource.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:19 AM   #4

Zooom, we found our auto mode to work perfectly and level the MH so fast it made our former manual HWH four jack system look Mickey Mouse. On our own pad our previous two MHs would always have the left front tire starting to come off the concrete. It also took a lot of effort to get it leveled. DW would get very upset and said we should have had an AUTO level system. I told her they are only on upscale MHs.

We were very surprised and pleased to see the AUTO on our 2006 Amb.

Having said it works perfect, we did have an experience with it that was not pleasing. Our pad in FLA is very level. When we hit AUTO last fall when setting up for the winter it started to do strange things and we had to stop it for fear the windshield would pop from the twisting. It amazed us because it never did this before and even the HWH manual system worked well here.

When we headed north in the spring it worked fine during all three stops and when we got home to our own pad. I think the "control" unit must have gone wonkers and when we used the kill switch to cut the chassis batteries for the winter, that probably cleared the memory or reset the system.

Our MH was at our dealer for 3.5 months for house repairs that should have taken any competent operation 2 weeks or less. When we got home a week ago today we were simply amazed how quickly it leveled. Really enjoyable to watch. Front jack went down and lifted the MH a few inches. Then down went the back jacks until they touched the concrete. As the left side is lower to allow for drainage (1 inch slope to left and 1 inch back to front so left front corner is 2 inches lower) the left rear jack then moved down further to level the left side. The green "level" light came on so quickly it amazed me. I got a level out and checked a half dozen points in the MH and they were all perfect.

So, have your friend kill the power for a while and try again. When we did ours manually in Florida after getting concerned, it was a HUGE PITA. As you can tell, I LOVE my AUTO leveling feature, provided it works, as it has on all but the one occasion.

Don
Old 08-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #5

Thank you both for the ideas & I will communicate the info to my fellow RVer.[I'd tell him to join & use this forum himself, but computer literate he's not]

Since the control module is used for calibrating the control panel switches, do you think it logical that the module itself would have to be mounted somewhat "level" with the body/chassis? Otherwise, what kind of reference point would it be giving the control panel switches if it was mounted vertically or slanted?
We originally looked in all of the storage bins but could have easily missed a module mounted on the inside roof of the bin. I'll let you & others know if we find something...
Old 08-23-2006, 04:28 PM   #6

i have a 2005 hr admiral. mine just had to be replaced. it is in the same bin as my generator. it is mounted at the top of the bin on the underside of the floor. it does have to be oriented towards the front of the coach. check power gears website for a tech bulletin for resetting the zero point, that is how a new level point is stored.

2005 HR Admiral SE 34 SBD
lsukev is offline   Reply With Quote