Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2015, 09:47 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Whew - Scared me :)

So, bringing the rv to get it washed and home from storage to load up for the rally next week and everything looks fine when I crank up and back out...

then down the road a bit I notice the yellow dash warning light

Having still 100's of things to learn on this beast, no dash lights have ever shown up other than seat belt and low air, so although I've been thru the online manual , I couldn't remember what it was !!!

Since I was just a mile or two from the house, came home and looked it up !

High Exhaust System Temperature !!! Had two dpf diesels before and never saw an icon like that, although it went through regens a bunch...

So, whew, now I can get ready for our trip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-29 005.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	105141  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2015, 10:34 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Even though I know what the light is it still makes me uneasy until it goes out. Hate warning lights!!
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:45 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
Even though I know what the light is it still makes me uneasy until it goes out. Hate warning lights!!
X2
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #4
YC1

When it comes on do your best to drive it till it goes off. You want the regeneration to complete. Cruising around town is not the best. If you can go down the highway and put your foot in it you are better off. You can do a parked regen but you need to be very careful of the heat below the muffler area.

A dpf filter replacement is very expensive. They can be cleaned but mine didn't survive the cleaning.

I printed out the dash messages and leave them in the drawer next to me because I don't seem to remember what they are for.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote