Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #1

White Streaks on the sides

I need some suggestions for cleaning and sealing the roof to keep the white streaks from the sides of my coach. They wash off easy enough but reappear after a rain or when the A/C runs on a hot day. I also can't get heat from the front of the coach. Aqua Hot equipped. The dealer that I purchased from replaced the front A/C along with a new thermostat. I have not found a heating zone on the new thermostat. The heat pump in the new A/C works good but that is only when on shore power or running the generator.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PAPA "J"
2004 Monaco Dynasty Chancellor
'65 Corvair Sport Sedan Toad (on trailer)
PAPA J is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
White streaks...if you look at your roof it I unpainted past the top curves. Soooo...gelcoat fiberglass center section, they oxidize and create the streaks.

Choices... wash and wax, paint with clear coat, paint with epoxy, Mop and Glow. All three will come up in searches, all have their pus and minus. Mine's marine epoxy deck paint.

Google Dometic five button thermostat rest and give that a try, heat zone should appear. If not fixed...return to dealer...they left something disconnected, or failed to set dip switches on the upper unit.

Good Luck
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #3

Twomed,

Thanks for the reply.

I like the epoxy idea and have read about others having using it. Can you recommend an epoxy product that will be compatible to the roof material on our coaches and what preparations are necessary? What is the life expectancy of this product and are there any drawbacks?

I will address the thermostat problem later.

PAPA "J"
2004 Monaco Dynasty Chancellor
'65 Corvair Sport Sedan Toad (on trailer)
PAPA J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The roof. I reason it out this way. I have to wash the roof a couple of times a year. So, each time I wash it, I apply Mop-n-Glow, which prevents the streaking. Works for me.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Interlux bright white one part epoxy, six quarts will do two coats using foam rollers. Interlux prep wipe down. I have used this on sailboats in FLA and got six years in sun 365 days and salt water, should do a little better on DYN. I also extended the white further forward on the roof to kill some black heat absorbing paint. Heavy rubber gloves, good 3m tape to mask. One day cure between coats, two may be better.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkate View Post
The roof. I reason it out this way. I have to wash the roof a couple of times a year. So, each time I wash it, I apply Mop-n-Glow, which prevents the streaking. Works for me.

Jim
X2 here. Easy and cheap to use!
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #7

If you look on dicor.com site they have a product for fiberglass roofs that I have been looking at to put on my 05 Dynasty. Seems like a bit more preparation than others but Dicor is a great company. Will repost if and when I apply it