Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2014, 02:38 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wind Noise

I have a -06 Holiday Rambler 40 foot.
For a couple of years I have noticed a wind rushing noise as we go down life's highway. We had a couple of (?) good mech. look it over and we could write a book with all the "Well it could be"
Last night I had a problem sleeping and was wandering the coach and decided to go outside and wander-as I turned on the outside light, I noticed a glow from the bottom of the door, around the threshold. Looks like over the years we have stepped on the metal plate threshold so many times we caused it to bend ever so slightly.
I guess this may be the rushing wind noise.
Any ideas how to repair or correct this problem ???
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2014, 04:53 AM   #2

If it's removeable you can pull it up and place some sort of shim under it. If its bowed in the middle more so than sides you may have to add more there to bring it back to level. Flat washers could possibly work. Also maybe a rubber sealing strip along bottom of door that may have worn that could be replaced. A little daylight inspecting may help determine best solution.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #3

We have a 06 endeavor too. Last year we started hearing lots of wind noise in the front, so bad it sounded like howling wolves. Well guess what, our windshield was pulled away from the rubber almost an inch on the passenger top side. Went to a glass place, they repositioned it, took an hour, reglued it and voila no more noise, now if only the rattling door would stop.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:02 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
We have a 06 endeavor too. Last year we started hearing lots of wind noise in the front, so bad it sounded like howling wolves. Well guess what, our windshield was pulled away from the rubber almost an inch on the passenger top side. Went to a glass place, they repositioned it, took an hour, reglued it and voila no more noise, now if only the rattling door would stop.
I had the windshield seal checked, ruled it out first because I had heard horror stories about windshields popping out.
I will try the shim idea as soon as it quits snowing. I'm in place for awhile so no rush. (DARN)
Larry
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #5

You might also check to see if the 'weep hole covers' are in place. I lost a couple, didn't think it made any difference, and a friend said he was having some wind noise and was told to replace any that had dislodged. I was at Lazy Days for some other work, asked in the parts store and bought enough to replace and it did make a difference. The wind noise subsided, but there was a little rattling which I thought might be the covers, so I put a tiny dab of silicone on the tabs and that should do the trick. They make them for the right and left side, they are not one size fits all, so pay attention to that if you get them.
msully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by msully View Post
You might also check to see if the 'weep hole covers' are in place. I lost a couple, didn't think it made any difference, and a friend said he was having some wind noise and was told to replace any that had dislodged. I was at Lazy Days for some other work, asked in the parts store and bought enough to replace and it did make a difference. The wind noise subsided, but there was a little rattling which I thought might be the covers, so I put a tiny dab of silicone on the tabs and that should do the trick. They make them for the right and left side, they are not one size fits all, so pay attention to that if you get them.

Thank you for the information.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Our coach as well suffered from excessive whistling around the door. Oddly this didn't happen when we first bought it but began a couple of years later. The solution for us after removing and reinstalling the front windshield, replacing all the window vents and putting tape over ever rough spot that may have created noise was to put plastic "L" moulding just ahead of the front door hinge. We ran it from the top to the bottom of the door and had success. Odd way to solve the problem but you don't even notice it.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind noise