RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2015, 09:32 AM   #1

Windshield Sunscreen questions

I want to install a sun screen to cover the outside of the windshield, there are two I like MagneShade, and Prompt RV Sunscreens, MagneShade problem is installing the upper interior attached magnets there is a cabinet that covers that area, Prompt has a stiffener on each side with a single strap. Does anyone have one of these or another brand you like?, what I don't want is to get out an 8 ft ladder and attach 6 snaps every time I put on the shade

RonD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2015, 10:01 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I looked at the shades you are looking at too, they were alittle more than I wanted to spend at the time and found another that has worked fine for us, they are called RV Quick Shades, they mount on the inside with suction cups at the very top of the windshield. Cost was about $90.00. Really nice when traveling, can be stuck up in no time and taken down in seconds. They work very good.
John G.

CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:16 AM   #3

Shades on the outside of the windscreen will do a much better job of heat reduction than one on the inside. I have the MagneShade and am very pleased with it. It goes up and come down easily with just one person. It is always smooth with no wrinkles as the magnets keep it tight. We roll it up on a large pool noodle for storing.
The MagneShade keeps you from going up and down the ladder to push on snaps, it does not prevent you from using the ladder to clean your windscreen first.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #4

I have RV Sunshades that install with snaps. They were custom made on site by a young couple at an RV Park in Texas and fit like a glove. No wrinkles.
Since I have to get out the ladder to clean the windshield before installing, it's not a big deal to put them on.
I have a cover for the windshield, driver side window, entry door and passenger side window, wiper blade covers and four wheel well covers. Takes me about 10-15 minutes to install including cleaning prior to install.
To store them, I have two PVC Pipes mounted on my basement slide out trays. I roll the wheel covers into one and the window covers into the other.
Outside screens are Much More effective than anything inside.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:14 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Prompt Sunscreen

We have the Prompt Sunscreen and really like it.

Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Clue View Post
We have the Prompt Sunscreen and really like it.

These were not around when we got ours but if I had to buy again, I would take a serious look at these.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:26 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonD1 View Post
Does anyone have one of these or another brand you like?, what I don't want is to get out an 8 ft ladder and attach 6 snaps every time I put on the shade
I made my own (cause I'm a cheapskate) using 95% PVC-coated polyester material and some super strong N52 magnets. I wrote up the details here. I'm very happy with the results and like the magnet "setup" which, for me, requires only a longish pole (I use my walking stick) and a bit of coordination. I too did not want to get the ladder out every time.

Another factor to consider.... The outside shades using material like I listed above allow you see out during the day. I really like this benefit - with all the windows blocked, I end up feeling like I'm stuck in a box.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:12 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have Prompt RV Sunscreens, LOVE the front window.

NOT SO MUCH with the side windows.

They come loose over time, then fall, drape, and stretch out.

I sent them back because they would not fit stretched out along the window properly, looked like a drape with the folds, they came back with a moderate fix but still drape.

If you keep new suction cups on them, they work just fine. That's my 2 bit worth on them.

I LOVE how quickly I can install them, no ladder, no extension rod, etc.

They work GREAT other than my irritation at the folding of the side window covers as mentioned.

I highly advise and would buy them again.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-03_18-51-11_886.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	102071  
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:18 AM   #9

Were in Colorado today and next to us is a Phaeton with a RV Sunshade it has 3 snaps on the top and 2 on the bottom, it fits and looks nice, yes it takes a ladder, but as some have said you want to clean the glass first so I may get one of these, I think I will wait for Quartzsite next January and see if RV Sunshade is attending
Old 08-05-2015, 09:47 AM   #10

We also use the RV Quick Shades on the inside of the windshield with suction cups. They go up in minutes, look great and no one can see inside during the day time. When the sun is really brutal, we just pull the curtains for a while. There is some danger though since I have started driving with them still up!
Here is their link: RVQuickShades, RV Qiick Shades,inside mount solar shades, inside mount sun shades, inside mount sunshades, inside mount RV solar shades, inside mount motor home sun shades. RV solar shades, RV sunshades,RV Quick Shades, RV Quick Shades, Inside Mounte
Old 08-05-2015, 10:12 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonD1 View Post
I want to install a sun screen to cover the outside of the windshield, there are two I like MagneShade, and Prompt RV Sunscreens, MagneShade problem is installing the upper interior attached magnets there is a cabinet that covers that area, Prompt has a stiffener on each side with a single strap. Does anyone have one of these or another brand you like?, what I don't want is to get out an 8 ft ladder and attach 6 snaps every time I put on the shade
I have the Prompt that go on with suction cups and a strap..no ladder...also have the side widows also...they were for a 2004 MADP...which I no longer have.....if interested and you think they will fit..make me an offer...
In Conn now but heading south last week of August..Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:55 AM   #12

Update after seeing one at where we are at I just ordered a Prompt RV Sun screen in brown, the company has updated the attachment to a small bracket on the pass side, and a adjustable strap on the drivers side that hooks on the center of the side window
Old 08-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I have the MagnaShade and love it. Installation was not difficult on my 2005 Diplomat. They are very easy to put up (2 min) and take down and they work very well. I will never buy anything else.

Jeepsrule
Diplomat 40PDQ
Jeep Liberty toad
Fulltimer
Old 08-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
I have RV Sunshades that install with snaps. They were custom made on site by a young couple at an RV Park in Texas and fit like a glove. No wrinkles.
Since I have to get out the ladder to clean the windshield before installing, it's not a big deal to put them on.
I have a cover for the windshield, driver side window, entry door and passenger side window, wiper blade covers and four wheel well covers. Takes me about 10-15 minutes to install including cleaning prior to install.
To store them, I have two PVC Pipes mounted on my basement slide out trays. I roll the wheel covers into one and the window covers into the other.
Outside screens are Much More effective than anything inside.

Sorry folks, I gave you some misinformation in this post. What I have is called RV Sunshade Co. They were custom fit on site at an RV Park in Rockport, TX. These things fit like a glove and make a Huge difference to the inside temperature but yes, you need a ladder to install them.
They have dealers all over the country that will come to your site. God company.

RV Sunshade Company for RV Sunscreens, Wheel Covers, Mirror Covers and Awning Drops. Custom UV protection for your RV, manufacturered and installed onsite.

Tags
scr