Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
windshield wipers

I have a 2003 Windsor and the plastic pieces that hold the wiper blade to the wiper arm needs replacing. They have knurled edges that keep the blades from turning sideways when in use. I have replaced the drivers side but I had to purchase a complete arm and blade assembly for $300 as I was told this was the only way to get the plastic pieces, which I find hard to believe. Does anyone know where just the plastic pieces can be purchased? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark
grizz_chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #2

You might look here you can buy arms for less...
Windshield Wiper Arms | Replacements for Boats, Buses, Trucks and RVs | Radial & Pantograph | AM Equipment
Old 08-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Dyna Windshield Wiper Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz_chaser View Post
I have a 2003 Windsor and the plastic pieces that hold the wiper blade to the wiper arm needs replacing. ... I had to purchase a complete arm and blade assembly for $300 as I was told this was the only way to get the plastic pieces, which I find hard to believe. Does anyone know where just the plastic pieces can be purchased? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark
Though I have looked, I have found no place that sells the individual prices. Rex found the address and phone number of Dyna, the manufacturer.

Dyna Windshield Wiper Corporation
3575 Wyse Road
Dayton, OH 45414 Phone: 937-277-7162

I solved my problem by buying a whole arm from Northwest RV Supply, but they only charged $20.00. It was a 20" arm where our coaches use a 30" arm but like you all I wanted was the blade mounting assembly.

Northwest RV Supply

Mill Supply is the only retail vendor that I have found that has anything close to what we use. Go to the "Step Van" catalog and look under wiper parts.

Mill Supply

Here's a picture of the parts I think you're talking about.

The teeth on that bracket-like affair are what keeps the blade oriented in the desired position. Mine stripped when a big glob of ice/snow fell from above the windshield on to the wiper arm. If I have to fix that problem again I think I will epoxy the bracket on to the arm after adjusting the position.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you for your replies. Dave, the plastic pieces your showing is indeed what I'm talking about except mine are a little different. The piece that has the 3 holes has a flat round piece on top that has knurled edges going around the top of that round piece. The plastice piece with the bolt has a round piece across the the top that also has the knurled edges. I'm not sure if what you show will work on my arms or not but thank you for Dyna's address as I'll try to find out. Thank you both again, Mark
grizz_chaser is offline   Reply With Quote