Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Windsor Slideout Roller Question-HELP!

We are in the final stages of wrapping up a deal with PPL in Houston to pick up an 05 Windsor 40PDQ. They have been stalling the last few days and not communicating as to exactly what was holding up our closing date. After finally speaking with the service manager, I was told that the kitchen slideout center roller was "out of adjustment" causing the countertop and sofa to move or shift. They took apart the cabinets to get to the roller and "adjusted" the roller. No leaks, no issues with the slide sealing, just that the roller was out of adjustment causing the slide to not be properly supported and allowing items in the slide to move. Does this make sense to anyone? This is not something we are familiar with.

I was also told that the slides have no support under them when they are retracted in the coach and not meant to be used while in as they are not supported. This is also news to me as we overnight a lot at Wally and Flying J and used the slides in with the old coach.

Hoping y'all can shed some light. I am a little freaked out about this last minute issue when we are supposed to leave and drive two days to Houston tomorrow afternoon.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Nope, this is not good. PPL has a very good reputation, however this sounds like someone is feeding you a line. First if the roller being out of alignment or adjustment caused the counter top and or couch to move something else is very wrong. The couch is, or is supposed to be, bolted down and there is no way it will move. If the counter top is moving, the cabinets have to also move either up and down or sideways. In either case this is bad news as they are securely fastened to the coach wall and floor. This sounds more like the slide floor may have become water damaged.

I personally would not buy the coach until I checked it out with my own eyes, and if you do not feel you would know what to look for, insist an independent RV Tech look it over before buying.

Just my 2-cents,

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hello - I have an 02 Windsor with a large galley slide on the street slide. I can tell you that I have 3 large rollers on the coach side wall and 4 smaller rollers on the insde edge of the slide under the cabinets and couch (when the slide is in, it is sitting on 7 rollers - three on the outside wall and 4 running on the tile/carpet).

The 3 rollers on the outside wall are adjusted from the basement (under a plastic cover) and the rollers on the inside are adjusted from inside the cabinets (cabinet floor comes out) and under couch.

Hope this is useful

Alan
02 Windsor PKD
Beaverton, Oregon.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Rex-
Yes, PPL has a great reputation. We bought our first coach from them and everything was as promised. This transaction so far has not gone as smoothly. I will call the service manager back tomorrow for some clarification based on what you mentioned. His explanation was not making a huge amount of sense to me, but it is not a problem we have had or read about. Hopefully, the problem and solution were not communicated well and they can clear it up tomorrow. They offered to show me exactly what was done when we get there. My husband and father will be there and if needed, we will get an independent inspection---although between them they have extensive RV as well as construction knowledge. We have walked away from countless motorhomes that were supposedly "mint" because we found water intrusion, delamination or structural issues.

Alan--
Thanks. The slide roller that they adjusted was underneath the floor inside the cabinet as you mentioned.

I hope I can get some answers tomorrow and we are not driving 2000 miles round trip for a huge disappointment. We will not be happy campers.