Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2017, 09:18 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Wink Wiper Blade 06' Executive worn out...Pics

After reading so many posts about Wiper repair, I'm having a hard time realizing what I need to do.

I have the bent arms, and at Wiperparts.com, I see many straight ones but no bent arms...

Then I come to the question as to whether I should replace the whole arm, or just the pivot. But the pivot is pressed into the arm.

My pivot looks like it is aluminum and worn out with no groves...

So, what can I do to replace?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9585.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	166930   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9608.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	166931  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9609.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	166932   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9604.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	166933  

Ocean Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2017, 05:40 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Try this source, they have bend arm wiper and may be able to help you.

AM Equipment Windshield Wiper Systems & Durable DC Motors
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:04 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have spent way too much time on the Wiper arm.

I found a treasure trove of information, and have a Dremel tool that I can do much with, but with my schedule and the amount of items I need to go over, and now a drip drip from under the Aqua Hot exhaust area, I called REV group and proceeded to get a slappin'

$300.65 + $60 shipping...

I have to thank them though, because they have the parts.

However, I hope that there is nothing wrong with the motor that would make the arm go off the side of the windshield...?

If so, I may replace the whole system with one from the diesel company...

Ok guys talk to you soon
Old 06-30-2017, 08:07 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wiper Blade 06' Executive worn out...Pics

Oceanmist yes the REV group is ridiculous in their price but I spent days calling everyplace I was told about snd no one could match the exact bend in the arm for our 06 Navigator except REV. If you go to my profile and look at posts you can see the picture of how he fixed it. I cant get a picture to load. He used a strap typeClick image for larger version

Name:	Image1498875305.369078.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	167074Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1498875305.369078.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	167074 clamp that can be tightened with a screw.
sunset4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ocean mist, in your AquaHot leak, check the overflow hose that connects right below the radiator cap. I had the same thing happen and the overflow hose had cracked and would leak when the unit came up to temp, much like a cars radiator would do. I pulled the hose off, and cut off the cracked end and put back on, no problem since. Also while you are there, take the cap off and make sure you are full at the boiler tank. Do this only whe the unit is cool. Good luck and I hope this is all that it is.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman1 View Post
Ocean mist, in your AquaHot leak, check the overflow hose that connects right below the radiator cap. I had the same thing happen and the overflow hose had cracked and would leak when the unit came up to temp, much like a cars radiator would do. I pulled the hose off, and cut off the cracked end and put back on, no problem since. Also while you are there, take the cap off and make sure you are full at the boiler tank. Do this only whe the unit is cool. Good luck and I hope this is all that it is.

Crack overflow hose, also the solder joint right below radiator cap can leak.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:02 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Crack overflow hose, also the solder joint right below radiator cap can leak.
Hey Perry and Randy, Thanks for the info! I want to get in there and take a look at it but this weekend we are driving my parents up to their vacation house in Copperopolis, CA. They can't drive up there and have been wanting to see it.

I am grateful for the information on how to at least start to look at it. I hope that is all it is a minor repair...

And Perry, Soldering the joint; Is that something I can do? I mean can I do it with a propane torch, and use some Flux and would i need special solder?
Old 07-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #8

If your wipers are like mine, they were made by an outfit in Eugene Or., but, I can't remember the name of the top of my head right now. I'll cogitate on it....Have fun in the foothills.....
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:23 AM   #9

Ken has it right, AM Equipment in Junction City, just N of Eugene.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Mist View Post
Hey Perry and Randy, Thanks for the info! I want to get in there and take a look at it but this weekend we are driving my parents up to their vacation house in Copperopolis, CA. They can't drive up there and have been wanting to see it.

I am grateful for the information on how to at least start to look at it. I hope that is all it is a minor repair...

And Perry, Soldering the joint; Is that something I can do? I mean can I do it with a propane torch, and use some Flux and would i need special solder?

Sam out at a lake boon docking. I can send you a great web link for getting Aquahot issues handle and a great resource for info too along with parts.

http://forum.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/forum.php
Old 07-02-2017, 07:10 AM   #11

Good morning, Ocean Mist. I've had the same problem with my '06 Dynasty wiper on the driver's side. I put a washer under the nut to add "squeeze", and it helped, but I'm really in the same boat you are.

Quick thought. Haven't tried it. Haven't looked to see if it would be doable. But could we put the wiper on, make sure it is in the proper position, and then drill a small hole, perhaps 1/16" diameter, in a spot on the circumference where the mount and the shaft meet? We could then drive a 1/16" piece of rod (maybe a nail cut to length?) into the hole as a "key".

If that was keyed, it might hold. Or then again, it might quickly just wear in the soft metal of the arm opening. Just thinking? But I'm very interested in your final solution, or did you just go ahead and buy the whole replacement from REV?
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
Good morning, Ocean Mist. I've had the same problem with my '06 Dynasty wiper on the driver's side. I put a washer under the nut to add "squeeze", and it helped, but I'm really in the same boat you are.

Quick thought. Haven't tried it. Haven't looked to see if it would be doable. But could we put the wiper on, make sure it is in the proper position, and then drill a small hole, perhaps 1/16" diameter, in a spot on the circumference where the mount and the shaft meet? We could then drive a 1/16" piece of rod (maybe a nail cut to length?) into the hole as a "key".

If that was keyed, it might hold. Or then again, it might quickly just wear in the soft metal of the arm opening. Just thinking? But I'm very interested in your final solution, or did you just go ahead and buy the whole replacement from REV?
Great idea on a key ....he may want to use a small Allen screw as a key in the drilled keyway... that way it will bite into the arm and the shaft also ...and my guess is that it will not go anywhere once installed.

He may also want to consider the option of mounting the arm in the correct location and drilling the base circle of the wiper arm and into the wiper pivot just a bit and snug tight the Allen screw with a dab of red Loctite.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:44 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Sam out at a lake boon docking. I can send you a great web link for getting Aquahot issues handle and a great resource for info too along with parts.

RV Hydronic Heater Forum
Hey Perry, At a lake Boondocking??? /Your supposed to be here helping me wax this dern thing...lol J/K Have fun out there, and if they are less than 16" you have to throw em back...

I did register at Roger's Site, and yes he is quite a guy... really knows everything about the Aquahot hot and it's systems...Takes a load off my plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post

Hey K7, I was actually going to try that as well,but my past modifications have usually yielded disasterous results...lol I mean with my luck after drilling the hole, the wiper blade would get stuck on side of windshield, and blow up the wiper motor... I have heard of some fellas replacing the entire assembly, wiper motor's arm's and blades, with one from a place called Diesel Equipment Company

I actually called monaco and ordered a new arm for $300 +$61 shipping.

If that doesn't work, I may try a 28" blade as apposed to our 32" blade we have now. I really do feel the connection between the metal shaft and the aluminum is a weak spot.

So, i'm no authority yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoy View Post
Great idea on a key ....he may want to use a small Allen screw as a key in the drilled keyway... that way it will bite into the arm and the shaft also ...and my guess is that it will not go anywhere once installed.

He may also want to consider the option of mounting the arm in the correct location and drilling the base circle of the wiper arm and into the wiper pivot just a bit and snug tight the Allen screw with a dab of red Loctite.
Hey Rob, i did think about that and have seen some do just that on Youtube, but I didn't want to start drilling and tapping.

I'll let you know what I find out when I install the new arm and am traveling 55 in the rain on a two lane highway with wipers on, and an 18 wheeler passes me in the opposite direction...
Old 07-02-2017, 10:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Mist View Post
Hey Perry, At a lake Boondocking??? /Your supposed to be here helping me wax this dern thing...lol J/K Have fun out there, and if they are less than 16" you have to throw em back...

I did register at Roger's Site, and yes he is quite a guy... really knows everything about the Aquahot hot and it's systems...Takes a load off my plate

Hey K7, I was actually going to try that as well,but my past modifications have usually yielded disasterous results...lol I mean with my luck after drilling the hole, the wiper blade would get stuck on side of windshield, and blow up the wiper motor... I have heard of some fellas replacing the entire assembly, wiper motor's arm's and blades, with one from a place called Diesel Equipment Company

I actually called monaco and ordered a new arm for $300 +$61 shipping.

If that doesn't work, I may try a 28" blade as apposed to our 32" blade we have now. I really do feel the connection between the metal shaft and the aluminum is a weak spot.

So, i'm no authority yet...

Hey Rob, i did think about that and have seen some do just that on Youtube, but I didn't want to start drilling and tapping.

I'll let you know what I find out when I install the new arm and am traveling 55 in the rain on a two lane highway with wipers on, and an 18 wheeler passes me in the opposite direction...

I hear you Sam, I thought I would get through the trip without any issues. My Intellitec buttons by the kitchen sink just water pump button stop working.
Quick text to my buddy, poof quick check clean contacts. Working again, i
The forum. Is so resourceful.