Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Wiring diagram

We're up a tree trying to get my motorhome running well. The one thing my mechanic needs and can't seem to find is a wiring diagram for a 2004 Monaco Cayman on a Roadmaster Chassis. If anyone out there can help please reply or contact me via PM.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Larry
lwc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I am not sure how close a 04 Signature or an 03 Dynasty is but you can download the wiring diagrams from Monaco here: Monaco Coach - wiringdiagrams

If those won't work, just use the contact us link on their website or call them tomorrow and they will e-mail you the part of the diagram that you need.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #3

If you are a member of Monacoers group in the files section you can find the diagram for a 2006-07 Cayman. I have downloaded it but I can't attach it here. Send me a PM and I will attach it and send it back to you. George R, 2001 Diplomat
Old 09-06-2011, 04:45 AM   #4

Larry, Did you get the pdf file I tried to send you? If not, let me know and I will try it again. George R. 2001 Diplomat
Old 09-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Yes I got it George. I sent it to my mechanic and with a little luck it will help him track the electrical info down he needs. Many thanks!

Also.... If anyone has 2004 electrical diagrams please post a reply.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwc1 View Post
If anyone has 2004 electrical diagrams please post a reply.
Did you contact Monaco..... They supplied me the schematics I needed via email.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by texnet View Post
Did you contact Monaco..... They supplied me the schematics I needed via email.
Did you email Parts or where? I sent an email to Monaco but may have emailed the wrong branch within the company. I guess I could phone them but again not sure what dept to ask for.... help please.

Thanks,
Larry
Old 09-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwc1 View Post
Did you email Parts or where? I sent an email to Monaco but may have emailed the wrong branch within the company. I guess I could phone them but again not sure what dept to ask for.... help please.

Thanks,
Larry
I used their contact us form: Monaco Coach - contact I asked for a specific wiring schematic and the next day they emailed it to me. Over the next 10 days I ask them for 2 or 3 other schematics and they emailed me those. A few days after that I checked their website at Monaco Coach - wiringdiagrams and found they had posted the entire set of schematics for my coach

With this past Monday being a holiday it might take a couple of days for them to answer an email, but you could call them at 877-466-6226. I have found them to be very quick to respond when I have called or emailed. You need to supply them the last 6 digits of your VIN # so they can pinpoint your coach.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Ronnie, I'll get an email off to Monaco this evening.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #10

Larry, I have an '03 Cayman. If you don't have any luck with Monaco, I'll pull my diagrams that came with the coach. Should be similar to yours.
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba1 View Post
Larry, I have an '03 Cayman. If you don't have any luck with Monaco, I'll pull my diagrams that came with the coach. Should be similar to yours.
Mike: Check you PM's, I'll send you my email address. An '03 should be almost exact or dang close to it. I'd appreciate your help with this.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Word of "thanks"

Just a word of "thanks" to all of you that have tried to help my wife and me out finding the right wiring diagrams. We feel like we're made a new group of friends, thank you again for stepping up and helping us out.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Final update

Here's a final update on what happened with my motorhome. First, many thanks to all who helped me out along the way, I do appreciate your input.

Seems the motorhome had been sitting for about a year and the fuel was going bad, in fact it didn't smell like diesel fuel any longer. We drained the tank (60 + gallons) and then replaced the fuel pump in the tank which was full of crystallized fuel. Trash was in the tank so the fuel lines were cleaned out to make sure some of the crap that was in the tank hadn't made its way into the lines. The fuel pump at the engine was changed as it was also full of crystallized fuel. The air cleaner was chock full of dirt, to the point it's a wonder the engine even ran. There is one last minor electrical issue that's an easy fix to be taken care of and the motorhome will be ready to use. It's been a long road getting this unit in good "trustworthy" condition. Had it not been for friends helping out, i.e. the diesel mechanic an the RV maintenance man and of course you guys that lent a hand on the forum the cost of repairs would have been way up in the thousands. As it was the total repair bill came to just under $2K and considering everything that was wrong that was a steel.

OK, that's it.... thanks again for all the help, hope I don't run into anything like this again but am looking forward to using the motorhome as it was meant to be used in the next couple of weeks.

Larry

Tags
wiring