Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2014, 06:41 AM   #1

Wiring Schematic Needed

Good morning everyone!

Just found this app, and I'm anxious to explore all the information and comments within. Found this app by looking for help.

I own a 1993 Monaco Diplomat 38' coach and I'm looking for a wiring schematic for this unit. I'm especially interested in the area involving the engine start-up sequence. My coach has a Cumming/Allison setup, and there doesn't appear to be any power going to the transmission panel, which obviously prevents the engine to start. However, I'm looking for the wiring information that powers this area and connects with the RV ECM.

I appreciate any help I can get, and once again, I'm looking forward to talking with fellow RVers here!
Glenn F is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2014, 06:50 AM   #2

I don't have an answer, but welcome to the forum. Someone with an answer will get back to you.....
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Glenn! Welcome to IRV2! We're really glad you found us!

I can't help with your problem, but I bet one of the Moderators will move this post over to the Monaco Owner's forum for better exposure!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #4

If you phone Monaco they can email any wiring diagram you might need.
oldguy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #5

the phone # for Monaco is 877 466 6226
oldguy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Wiring diagram for that Dip could be tough. Usually the Allison ECM is powered directly from the chassis battery with a big inline fuse. Trace the battery cables. There is also possibly an ignition relay involved. There is some schematics for a 92 Dynasty on Monacoers Yahoo group that might help.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:50 AM   #7

Ihave a 2007 Safari Trek w22 chassis and 8.1 workhorse with Allison trans

Are their any relays between the ign start switch and the start pole on the starter sol?
stanstuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Glenn,
Here is the 12V chassis diagram for my 07. It may be nearly the same for your coach.
Roy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 06 diplomat chassis wd_12v.pdf (1.09 MB, 106 views)
Old 12-22-2014, 06:52 AM   #9

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your help with my problem!

I had contacted Monaco and requested help, and they advised that most often when this type problem happened, it was because of corrosion of the main power wire and inline fuse coming off the battery. Since they are located in close proximity to the battery compartment, they often corrode and don't make good connection.

I followed this wire up to the inline fuse and found that the wire had corrosion inside the wire, and that the fuse and fuse holder were also questionable. I replaced the fuse holder and wire back to the battery, which solved my problem.

So thanks again to my fellow RV'ers for their assistance! I'm glad I found this site!
Glenn F is offline   Reply With Quote