Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #1

Location: Fulltimers: summer Ontario, winters, way further south
Won't start

Batteries are all up. When we turn on ignition every thing comes up except Allison pad. No lights on on Allison touch panel and Engine won't start. We think we have checked all the fuses, relays and can find nothing wrong. Coach hasn't moved for a month, never had this before, nothing that I know of has changed. What are we missing?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #2

Two places to start:

1. In the battery compartment, next to the chassis batteries there will be 3 or 4 inline fuse holders. One is for the transmission. Check to make sure it's good.
2. There is a wiring connector directly under to shift pad. Make sure it's good and tight.

Good luck.

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Buster (thanks for putting coach info in your signature, it makes it much easier to help),

I am attaching a wiring diagram for our coach (2009 Camelot) 12v systems, it may not be helpful for yours but I suspect some things are similar.

I have been chasing some electrical problems on our coach, door locks, BIRD battery isolation to name two; all after having the coach set idle for a period of a few months. I have traced every problem to the small 12v relays used all over the coach. In some cases they just needed to be removed and reseated and in some cases they had failed. Don't over look these components - on our coach there are two of these relays at the top of the front PCB 12v distribution panel. They are associated with the ignition switch - I would remove them and then plug them back in to see if that makes a difference. As noted by Steve there are some fuses in the rear, curbside run bay that have something to do with the transmission. Since you have a fail to start and transmission problem together it might be ignition switch related - just a stab in the dark. I note you have checked relays and fuses so this may not be helpful but in my experience just when I think have checked everything I find another relay or fuse somewhere else. (Including a relay on the front PCB labeled spare but when it is removed the cruise control doesn't work - go figure.) Good luck in your easter egg hunt.

38081236A%20%28Schematic%2C%20All%20.pdf

Lew
Old 09-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Just posted on the other board...good luck. AND do let us know when it starts, or kep asking when you have tried the suggestions. You have some pretty good folks watching this....until noon when football starts...ah we will keep checking.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #5

Location: Fulltimers: summer Ontario, winters, way further south
Hear That diesel Roar! It was a fuse, I guess we missed it last night. Thanks for all your help.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Love that simple stuff...hmmm wonder why the fuse blew...film at 11.

Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote