RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
SORRY... Just wanted to wake everyone up on the Monaco Forum!! Felt like I had to make everyone do some "jumping Jacks" and get the blood flowing Our coach is in having warranty work done so I am trying to live vicariously through your trips... Does anyone have some FUN stuff to add?
OK.. so back to the regularly scheduled program....

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
SORRY... Just wanted to wake everyone up on the Monaco Forum!! Felt like I had to make everyone do some "jumping Jacks" and get the blood flowing Our coach is in having warranty work done so I am trying to live vicariously through your trips... Does anyone have some FUN stuff to add?
OK.. so back to the regularly scheduled program....

Old 06-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I'm up...well sorta....I guess walking to the fridge to get a beer doesn't count the same as doing jumpin jacks??
My 01 Dynasty just developed a hydraulic pump leak, so it is going to the RV doctor for a minor ($1500) repair...it's always something.
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #4

Gez Bruce isn't it something you can tackle? Or is that the part cost?

07 Trailbazer HRRVC-Webmaster
discfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I worked 40 years with my mouth, not my hands! I am not a great mechanic, and want it done right...the part is about $800...they tell me you can't rebuild the hyd pump...plus the line leading to the pump needs replacing.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Bummer, Bruce (about the pump problem, not going to the frig for another beer, I mean). Here's hoping they find a solution and solve it painlessly.

Thanks for the wake-up call, 'Mama. I was beginning to wonder if everyone fell off the face of the earth. We'd been busy with seminars in the Austin/Houston TX areas all week, and are now relaxing on-the-beach at Galveston. Sure is nice to look out those big atrium windows and see the water. Yeah, eat your hearts out!

BTW, 'Mama. What's the 5-digit number in your 'logo' indicate? It seems to cycle thru: Time, Temp-F, Temp-C, and then 95827 (at least when I looked at it). Is that a code to call in the aliens?

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Ronboc...
Are you giving these seminars - or attending these seminars? Heck...I never knew someone go to a seminar as much as you!!! Are ya learning anything you can share with us all here on thees here board?

Old 06-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
hey Bruce... could not get back to ya when you posted... was just getting ready to sit down with a brew of our own while waiting for Nascar race to start....I do hope their estimate is a little bit high...hope you get your baby back quick!

Old 06-10-2007, 08:09 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Mama:
The estimate seems high to me also, but there is only a choice of one certified Monaco RV repair shop in my area (Northern Arizona), and they tell me the part has to be ordered from Monaco???, so iffffff that's true, it means the price would be higher than you would expect.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teofff:
The estimate seems high to me also, but there is only a choice of one certified Monaco RV repair shop in my area (Northern Arizona), and they tell me the part has to be ordered from Monaco???, so iffffff that's true, it means the price would be higher than you would expect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bruce,
Why do you have to take it to a Monaco shop? There will be a label on the pump and any truck or equipment shop that works with hydraulic equipment should be able to replace a pump and a line.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Good to see M*Momma back whoopin!

We are still in San Jose, pretty quiet, net park. Flying my pirate flag proud:

Got my new SeeLevel in the mail the other day. Can't wait to see what is actually in my tanks

Got some "new" tires and wheels on the Jeep. Found a guy selling his Sahara tires/wheels for cheap and replaced the little 16" donuts I had.

Decided I needed to find an easily removable filter for my two ceiling vents -

Finally moved the puny TV from the front into the back bedroom. I am officially CRT-less

I'm in a park with two other Knights

Our dog became a steer -

And I still don't have step lights

Things are groovy.

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
OK...My first thoughts as I look and read Kev's post ....
First thought as I see the very first picture ... ARRRHHH! - as I stare at the Pirate flag.
2nd...I NEVER really want to see what is in my tanks ... only HOW much of it I have!
3rd ..Nice wheels
4th .. Dang .. we all live in a dusty world.. I need to check my vent covers when it gets home!
5th...I hope you put the OTHER TV you had up front!
6th... I pray Ang wasn't laughing at Mal while she was pointing ..otherwise ...you will have Doggie therapist bills out the yingyang!
..and last...I guess no step lights means you have to be home before dark

Old 06-11-2007, 07:30 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Robin: No, I don't have to take it to an autorized dealer, but my options in Yavapai County, Arizona are limited....at least to my knowledge.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by digNbubbs:
........And I still don't have step lights
Things are groovy. --kev </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kev, Maybe you did not see my other post to you, but if you will email me your address, I will send you the bulbs you need - FREE!

Best to ya - Glenn