Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2018, 08:12 PM   #1

Angry Would you buy from this sales person after this?

I'm working with an out of state dealer who I will keep nameless for now but should this go side-ways, I will share the name of the dealer and the salesperson. We've had several emails back and forth, and a couple of phone calls. In my emails, I've resorted to numbering my questions because there are a few questions he just doesn't answer or he replies with, "I don't know".

The last email I sent him contained 15 questions and this is my return email. Keep in mind there are NO pictures online, NO video of the RV on line, just a picture of the brochure and the floor plan.
----------------------

Daryl;
Are you serious about purchasing this coach?
I smell no evidence of smoke, I would have told you. I've been completely up front with you, and answered every question you've asked.
I wouldn't know if it's ever been in an accident. NOTHING indicates that is ever was.
Daryl, we have over 300 units in stock, of those about 100 are used. We sell about a thousand coaches a year.
I can't be expected to know everything about every coach we take in trade.
You can rest assured that if we find a problem with something not working, we fix it. Most of the time, I have no idea what they find, they just fix it.
I'll do one more walk through with you, then it's time for you to make a decision.
We are a very reputable dealership, ALWAYS in the top 50 dealer rating for RVIA.
I've been doing this for 41 years and I've never had a customer ask me so many detailed questions.
I understand you are in Texas and we're in XXXXXXX.
I've told you repeatedly that this coach is in EXCEPTIONAL condition. At some point, you're going to have to take my word for it.
If there are vents in the floor, it's for the furnace system.
If you want me to answer these other questions, call me tomorrow.
I'm sorry if I'm coming on a little strong here, but I'm getting a little exasperated.
-----------------------------------
SavageCatHV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2018, 08:19 PM   #2

If he's serious about selling it, he shouldn't mind taking a series of photos for you. You know the saying...Photos, or it doesn't exist. Without photos, I wouldn't have even contacted them.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:20 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
If I loved this MH and was not getting answers to some of my questions (and they may not know the answers) hire an independent RV tech who can go over the entire MH and tell you what's up.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:20 PM   #4

Personally, I wouldn't buy any coach sight unseen, without a test drive and/or without a thorough inspection to ensure all systems function properly.

Good luck with your search...

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:23 PM   #5

Even if he answered everyone of your questions I would have to see the coach remember he’s trying to make a sale he’ll tell you anything but with a reply he sent you i would look elsewhere there’s a lot of coaches for sale out there
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:28 PM   #6

Hope you are not dealing with Camping World in Raleigh NC. They are crooks and don't stand behind their sales.
ssinc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #7

Foretravel Owners Club
Being a grumpy tight wad old fart...I say "NO PIC'S....NO DICE"
You do not need to be buying a "Pig inna Poke"

There a good many coaches that are coming up for sale that have Flood/Weather damages and some will have "Branded Titles" and Some DO NOT!

Private sellers and a few unscrupulous Dealers with weather Damaged coaches that did not have insurance to replace their damaged coaches will be trying to peddle them to the unsuspecting..

Again.... DO NOT Buy a "Pig in a Poke sack"

There are way way too many good coaches for sale that DO have pic's and FULL documentation of history.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:51 PM   #8

Every phone has a camera on it now. Why no pictures? That would be a huge red flag for me.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:57 PM   #9

I wouldn't buy it unseen either .He says he will do one more walk threw with you. With out you going there to see it for your self I don't know how much more you can expect of him.only my option though.
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
To answer your title question: NO!

That salesperson has an attitude by the tone of the way you're being addressed. That type of attitude is telling of the type of attitude you will get from everyone from him, to the sales manager, to the finance manager, to the service manager...etc., etc., etc.

No RV is worth being talked down to & belittled like that.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:05 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
To answer your title question: NO!

That salesperson has an attitude by the tone of the way you're being addressed. That type of attitude is telling of the type of attitude you will get from everyone from him, to the sales manager, to the finance manager, to the service manager...etc., etc., etc.

No RV is worth being talked down to & belittled like that.

Lori-
X2. Walk. His attitude stinks. It's a sellers market but you still have the most power in the discussion. To walk. And find another coach with a better buying experience. Best wishes.
JBDALHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:05 PM   #12

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Seriously!

An R.V dealership in 2018, that doesn't post pictures of their inventory on the internet !!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:16 PM   #13

No pics after the first conversation is a deal breaker. If they're "always in the Top 50 dealer ratings", I'm willing to bet they own a camera. If that salesman does not know how to use one, find a different salesman... Preferably at a different dealership with a different coach.

He didn't say what top 50 list they are always in... It could be "the top 50 most obnoxious salesmen". There's plenty of places in life to encounter grief, you certainly don't need to deal with that while you're engaging in something as enjoyable as spending your money on a luxury item. Technically, the salesman's only job is to educate you about the product he's selling... If he doesn't have time to do that, find someone that does.
Flyin4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:19 PM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
NO !!!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale