RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2015, 11:29 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Xantrex Trace RV20-12 Inverter

I posted on an issue with my solar charging a couple days ago and have since been checking the entire system I have the TraceRV20-12 inverter with the RV GS 7 remote display.

I was going to try and run equalization of the batteries but it didn't work, I pressed the Setup Button but nothing happen.

I was trying to confirm that the correct battery type was setup in the system so I tried to go into the set up menu, I cannot get it to go into setup mode. I press both the up and down arrows for +5 seconds but the setup screen does not appear.

I tried to reset the inverter, following the directions in my manual.
> remove 120 volt power
> turn off both chassis & house battery disconnect
>shutting off inverter for 30 seconds.

This did not seem to work, any suggestions or is there something that I am missing.

I know that I had been into the setup mode before but it has been several years.

jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2015, 12:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ok, I went back and started from scratch, reread all the instructions on the setup menu and tried several more times with no luck.

I was finally able to get the panel to go into the setup mode by holding the Up & Down arrows in for a longer period of time and the system finally went into setup. I checked all the settings and corrected as necessary. The Battery Type was set at Gel, which was preventing me from equalizing the batteries, I changed to Acid.

I then just decided to hold the Set button down for a longer period of time ~30 seconds, and the charge did go into the Equalization mode. The batteries are now boiling away. Manual says 15.5 volts for 3 hours so I will keep checking on them.

I know I had gone into the setup mode before so with persistence I was able to get into it again. Gave me a chance to read & reread the Trace manuals also.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
After going through the process of equalizing the batteries I had gotten some feedback on the Monacoers Yahoo forum indicating that this process isn't favorably thought of any more.

It was suggested that I invest in a Powerpulse PP-12-L battery tender, I ordered one this weekend and will install when it comes in, seems like the best long term option from maintaining the batteries.

Tags
ace, inverter, xantrex