Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Yee Haw...Finally

Well last night we bought or first Monaco...shes a 45' Signature Series Senator with the N14 Cummins. Very excited to join in the forum and possibly find items for our new toy. Anyone have anyidea where I can find a bra for this unit? Shes a 1996 with 69,000 miles, only 12 were biult like this and were built for shows to show what all Monaco could do.
Thanks a lot,
Yachtsea2
YachtSea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Check around and see if you can find someone that can install the 3-M film to the front of your Sig. You won't have to worry about messing up your paint that way. By the way, you will love the Sig...
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
congrats on your vintage sig!!!

after all these years tho, i'm not sure any covering over the front is needed. she's earned what war stains she has, and with some wax and after use cleaning, you can keep everything under control.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats on the new rig. Sounds like you found a nice coach.

BUT - we need pictures, pictures, pictures!
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I say congratulations, but no photos - never happened.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #6

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the MH...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We just bought a Bra for our Monaco Diplomat from Portlandrvandscreens.com We were in the Portland area so we went to their shop. They didn't have a pattern for our year so they took about an hour to make one. They said it would take several days to make the bra. We called them the other day to ask what they would charge us to cometo our campground to install it. It wasn't much more than what the fuel would have been so Todd came today & installed it. It looks great!! It fits well & is made of a nice, heavy duty fabric, well stitched. We met several people who had bought them from this company & they were very pleased. We bought ours because we're going to Alaska next year & wanted extra protection from the stones & bugs. We could have used this traveling thru FL for sure. They did tell us, if we're staying parked for a week or more to remove it from the RV. If you can't go there, you might want to call them & see if they already have a pattern for yours or they might be able to tell you how to make the pattern. Their phone # 503 761-2363. We're very happy with their service.
karencollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all your feedback, Couldnt find a bra anywhere and it seems everyone reccomends the 3M product. So...Yachtsea2 is in the paint/body shop being repainted to eliminate the minor chips and a couple clearcoat issues. Once shes out Ill get a clear 3M bra........I never thought Id be saying "Ill be getting a clear bra" HA HA
Old 10-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #9

Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
KZ RV Club
Congratulations on the new Monaco...

If you are going to go with the 3M film, be sure to wait a month or two after the painting is finished before applying it. The new paint will need the time to finish curing, and will need to breath until it is finished.

Then get out there and have fun!
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #10

Talk to owners of 2005 and older rigs and see what we all think about the 3m front shield. I wish it had never been done. It is full of scratches lines and looks a lot worse than the rest of the paint that is not under the 3m film. I have friends what got sand under the bra and almost took the paint off the front of the coach. I find a good coat of wax before every long road trip keeps the bugs and dings off the front of mine. Just my opinion... D
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:25 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
OOPS

Well YachtSeas maiden voyage might be put off a bit. Went to the paint shop where she is getting all gussied up and when they were backing her into the paintbooth they hit the back wall and cracked the rear cap....yes Im so very pleased...oh well no one was hurt and ______ happens.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:08 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Well its about time......YachtSea2's new paint looks awsome, all new tires, all new brakes, rotors, shocks, hubs and bearings, all the Alcoas are polished to mirror like finish, all new brushed nickel electrical fixtures inside, and today shes being detailed. Owned her for over a month now and still have never driven her or anything her size before. We pick her up tomorrow morning at 9:00 for our first "on the road" experience to get her to the house where I have a guy lined up to replace all 6 batteries with Trojan T-105's at 1:00. And then at 2:00 A guy is showing up to service the Aquahot system since I dont know when it was done last. Hope Ive taken care of everything Ive learned on this forum....so helpful, thanks everyone.... Scared as hell to drive her on the AZ freeways as the maiden voyage.....gotta learn sometime right?? Wish me luck.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
How did the rear body work turn out? Don't turn the corners to sharp as the Sig does not bend. Enjoy..........deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:10 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
How did the rear body work turn out? Don't turn the corners to sharp as the Sig does not bend. Enjoy..........deSanford
The body work turned out beautiful, but the engine door seems it needs to be adjusted.....more projects to do once I get her home. I'll attach pics once I learn how......Advice noted....Sigs dont bend....thanks