Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2008, 04:03 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
While in SC early this week, Bryan gave us a tour of a 2009 36GKE -- my reaction, "WOW"!! PI has raised the bar for the 5th wheel industry! This model is, without a doubt, above and beyond any unit PI has ever built. Beautiful cherry wood interior; large flat-screen TV that raises electrically from a cabinet; new style range top, with two propane burners and one high-temp flat-surface electric element; LED ceiling lights versus florescent; large enclosed bath; bath-wall between the MBRM suite is rounded with a large radius on the corner versus squares; drawers above the closet doors (nice touch); flat-screen TV built into the storage cabinet door in the MBRM; the utility compartment has been totally redesigned and features a water manifold with hot (red) and cold (blue) color coded water supply lines that can be individually opened/closed, the compartment also includes access for the central vacuum, water filter, and fresh-water tank refill valve; a basement compartment that is twice as large and free of plumbing pipes or other obstructions (the basement is so large, it could double as a bedroom! ). I'm sure I've left out some items, but my old brain could only absorb so much in the time we had.

Unfortunately, we didn't have our camera and I don't have any pictures -- maybe Bryan will provide some soon.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2008, 04:03 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
While in SC early this week, Bryan gave us a tour of a 2009 36GKE -- my reaction, "WOW"!! PI has raised the bar for the 5th wheel industry! This model is, without a doubt, above and beyond any unit PI has ever built. Beautiful cherry wood interior; large flat-screen TV that raises electrically from a cabinet; new style range top, with two propane burners and one high-temp flat-surface electric element; LED ceiling lights versus florescent; large enclosed bath; bath-wall between the MBRM suite is rounded with a large radius on the corner versus squares; drawers above the closet doors (nice touch); flat-screen TV built into the storage cabinet door in the MBRM; the utility compartment has been totally redesigned and features a water manifold with hot (red) and cold (blue) color coded water supply lines that can be individually opened/closed, the compartment also includes access for the central vacuum, water filter, and fresh-water tank refill valve; a basement compartment that is twice as large and free of plumbing pipes or other obstructions (the basement is so large, it could double as a bedroom! ). I'm sure I've left out some items, but my old brain could only absorb so much in the time we had.

Unfortunately, we didn't have our camera and I don't have any pictures -- maybe Bryan will provide some soon.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:15 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Does the rounded stuff in the bedroom look like a boat or yacht interior?? I know I saw something like this in another 5th wheel this winter at a show.

I think it was by Denali, but I don't remember for sure.

I really liked the look.

We will be at the factory in late September, just before the HDT rally, and we look forward to taking the factory tour.

Is this rounded look going into other units??

2005 Forrest River Charleston 400TS DP
D and J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:25 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We will be at the factory in late September, just before the HDT rally </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Doug,
Are you thinking about an HDT and coming over to the "Dark Side"?
Old 05-08-2008, 07:06 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Doug,
"A picture is worth a thousand words..." and I regret I didn't have a chance to take any. As you enter the BDRM, walking past the bathroom on your left, where the bathroom wall ends at the BDRM wall, that outside corner is rounded. IMO, this feature imparts more elegance to an already lavish looking coach.

Again, this coach was beautiful and well thought out inside and out. The ONLY thing I would have changed -- I think the new gray exterior would have looked better with the upscale interior.

John
Old 05-08-2008, 07:10 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
We are scheduled to be in SC next week. If they will allow it, I will certainly take and post some pictures of the new unit.

Rick
Old 05-08-2008, 07:15 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Rick -- the coach we toured was BT's, however, I'm sure there will be some come down the production line.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm not so sure about the grey color. I saw it at the NM Spring Rally in Las Cruces. It looks GREAT when it's all clean but when there's dust and rain spots, they really show up. IMHO more than on the white. It does look nice though and gives it a "richer" look.

The service panel was nice and compact. It will make servicing individual units easier. Also makes changing the vacuum bag easier.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:16 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Folks, I believe we'll have some pictures early next week of all the new options/improvements. P-l-e-a-s-e, don't all of you rush to trade in for the new model as Bryan would have to hire another shift at the factory!!
Old 05-10-2008, 07:12 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakinSmoke:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We will be at the factory in late September, just before the HDT rally </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Doug,
Are you thinking about an HDT and coming over to the "Dark Side"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, not going over to the dark side, but we will be in the neighborhood, so why not stop to see friends we haven't seen since the winter.

Looks like there are plenty of things to learn during the rally that don't pertain to just HDT's

You going??

Old 05-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
No, not this year. Got a new grandson to play with.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
there aren't much better reasons than that!!

Old 05-12-2008, 04:29 AM   #13

We are looking forward to see the new floor plan... got word the that the rear kitchen BDE model we like won't be on the menu in 2009, so we are looking at the TKEs and now waiting for the new plans...

Escapees #98005
Gypsybill and Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:14 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Photos of the 2009 L36GKE Limited:

This should get your trade-in juices flowing Rockin, Virg, Bob, and many others.