Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #71

Echo the congrats on your new Excel. We are on our 20th year of Excels starting with the Legacy and ending (maybe) with a 2011 Limited GKS thanks once again to Kathy and Ralph. Will be interested to see how you like the wood floors rather than the carpet. The extra cabinet storage looks really handy also. Good luck and hope to see you down the road....this weekend if you are going to be in SC.
lsparksrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #72

Excel Owners Club
Beautiful new home on wheels. Love the all wood floors. But....what is happening behind your sofa? Just wall or a hidden flat screen tv?
Old 10-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #73

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by didymop View Post
Beautiful new home on wheels. Love the all wood floors. But....what is happening behind your sofa? Just wall or a hidden flat screen tv?
That's the chair storage compartment.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #74

Excel Owners Club
I finally weighed my 2013 Excel Winslow 34IKE!

This weekend was the first time NOT towing in the rain.

Preface, we were fully loaded for a trip. Firewood, 1/2 tank fresh water, full tank of diesel. A normal trip.

Trailer: 15,929 lbs. Pin weight 3220 lbs.
Truck: 11,480 lbs. gross weight with trailer. Steer axle 4820 lbs. Drive axle 6660 lbs.
Combined weight: 24,180 lbs.

I am within all weight rating specs for my truck and trailer!

It tows great. Much smoother than towing the travel trailer. Plenty of power. The disc brakes on the trailer work wonderfully.

We are completely happy with the Excel. It has exceeded our expectations for comfort and construction.

We were at Jim Hogg COE in Georgetown this weekend. The sites were very unlevel side to side. I hit the Autolevel button. When it finished leveling the trailer, the door side tires were about 3" off the ground!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2451.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	434.4 KB
ID:	28427   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2447.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	28428  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2448.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	28429   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2445.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	28430  

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #75

Excel Owners Club
It's hard to believe, but we took delivery of our 2013 Excel Winslow 34IKE over a year ago on September 28, 2012!

We have been extremely pleased with the trailer. It is very comfortable and rugged.

The microwave failed early on. It was replaced under Dometic warranty. The slides required minor adjustment which should have been done by the selling dealer before delivery. Not much else required attention.

In the past 12 months we've spent 97 nights in 38 campgrounds and towed over 11,000 miles.

After a bit of practice I got the hang of backing. This is my first 5th wheel. Hitching and unhitching is easier and much faster than the travel trailers.

Our least used option is the central vac. Nice to have, but could live without. My wife's favorites are the residential fridge and MCD shades. Mine are the full body paint (very easy to keep clean and few if any black streaks) and auto leveling system.

We would recommend Excel to anyone wanting a well built, comfortable 5th wheel.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 10-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #76
JDT

Russell, you're experience is pretty much mine. We've had ours a year last June 12 and the issues were so few and small I can't hardly remember what they were. So much different than owning a motorhome. It has been a real pleasure so far.
JDT is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
excel