Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #1

36tke problems

I own a 2007 excel limited edition 36tke it is the biggest lemon their is we are having nothing but problems with it. Roof leaks each rain and cant stop or find problem, refri. Hasnt worked properly for 4 months in and out of shops all time, slide outs i look to see fall out on ground next time i put in or out, had to couple dealers and they say nothing they can do, lots of things dont work anymore. Just me and wife and we are not hard on unit at all. Had holiday rambler before for 10 yrs, maybe in shop twice. Would not recommend excel to anyone looking for rv. Not worth money by long shot.
JAMESHANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2010, 12:17 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Hummm...And I thought this was everyday things that happen when you're RVin'. Since this is your first post...did you just buy this thing or did you buy it new? Just curious. Hope you get it all fixed up. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Jim,

Are you out there? Did you just post and run? rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 07-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #5

This guy has a burr where it done belong. I run across some people who have problems but a lot of it depends on the individual. I' ve owned 9 now and this Excel is as trouble free as any of them. Come on back and explain yourself.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #6

This fellow is a forum troll in the classic sense. One vague post full of complaints followed by a vanishing act.

Prove me wrong Jim and respond!
Old 07-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #7

i have had it would never recommend excel. people work for living so dont have time to sit on here and answner all this bull
JAMESHANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Jim,

You have time to post.......no time to answer questions.....Hmmmm....OK then, guess you won't have time to pick this up........good bye! rockin'
Old 07-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
That was not a very robust sales pitch Jim ... I am unconvinced you have your heart in it.

Best,

Dave
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
He may well have a leak problem. I looked a a couple of 3 and 4 year old Excels recently and to tell the truth I would not bought either one due to obvious water leaks. There was a lot of water intrusion around the main slides, lower paneling wet and even in the upper corners of the slide out.

I can see why the OP is mad, considering the amount of money he paid for a "quality product" and in only 3 years ...lots of water leaks. I'd be dragging it back to the factory to let them make proper repairs.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Jim,

Cork it and call Bryan at PI.
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:36 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Have you guys forgotten the recent thread here about water leaks? http://www.irv2.com/forums/f116/bedroom-slide-floor-rot-66881.html? Which I read with much interest as I probably already have the same problem in my own 2007.

As well as Workshop's efforts? http://www.irv2.com/forums/f116/bedroom-slide-floor-rot-66881.html

His complaint doesn't fall far from these.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:44 AM   #13

If I understand Jameshance’s complaint….he has a 2007 36TKE Limited. He stated that he has/had a roof leak that he can’t find ___ a refrigerator that hasn’t worked properly for four months and in and out of the shop for repairs ___ slide out floors that have soft areas ___ and with frustration, a lot of things that don’t work anymore…..

As someone who is the third owner of a 9 yr old 33RLE Limited, all you have to do is read the ‘101’ section where I post upgrades and repairs to my unit to understand that my unit has had it issues with water leaks. Just read the Posts on the repair of the ‘short wall and header’, the last repair, to understand some of the frustrations that I’ve had since owning my unit. What an ownership killer that thing could have been. You don’t even want to know what my initial thoughts were when I opened the wall the first time !!!

Other than four water leak repairs, this unit has been trouble free and the ‘campers’ next to us last month was surprised when I told them it was a ‘9 year old’. There is a lot of PREVENTIVE maintenance and tinkering that has paid off. One of the things that new owners don’t understand about these things is that there is preventive maintenance that needs to be done to these things from the first day you take them home. Shouldn’t be that way but have to. After all it’s new!

I’m willing to cut Jameshance some slack; those are his comments and how he felt. We all make our statements and when we have problems or issues, there is also frustration. If he wanted to post once and leave, I take it for what it is/was.

How many ‘new posters’ have posted a comment or request for information, who were nice and friendly, to never post again….many. I would like for them to post back with feedback/results so we know if any of the suggestions were helpful….we all learn from that, but I feel a lot don’t come back and post a follow up. My opinion.

Bruce is correct that there has been posts on moisture issues with units over the past several years and some just recent.

His comment about owning a 10 yr old Holiday Rambler that was trouble free…..well before the Beast, I had a 1989 Newmar Kountry Star that other than normal items was in the shop for a heater board, I replaced the refrig board and had the rubber roof replaced. Plus normal items that happen. Very few problems. If it had a larger main slide, I would probably still own it.

workhorse
Old 07-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I'd be dragging it back to the factory to let them make proper repairs.
Me, too, Ken. But I doubt the OP will ever do that...he'd rather complain and if he took the rig to the factory to have everything fixed, he'd have nothing to complain about!
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote