Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #1

Are Excel Units approved for "fulltime use" under warranty?? Today we looked at Thor Grand Junction 37QSL and after doing some online research have noticed owners reporting that Thor/Dutchman warranty is VOID if used for fulltime residential use. Am wondering if this exists across the RV industry? The Excel 35MKE is on our short list of potential 5'ers along with Carriage Cameo. Any info is appreciated. I know from what I read here, that Excel stands behind their product quite well and that Brian even is quite proactive as he reads problems on this site. Thanks in advance!! Dave
DaveDeeFT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #2

Are Excel Units approved for "fulltime use" under warranty?? Today we looked at Thor Grand Junction 37QSL and after doing some online research have noticed owners reporting that Thor/Dutchman warranty is VOID if used for fulltime residential use. Am wondering if this exists across the RV industry? The Excel 35MKE is on our short list of potential 5'ers along with Carriage Cameo. Any info is appreciated. I know from what I read here, that Excel stands behind their product quite well and that Brian even is quite proactive as he reads problems on this site. Thanks in advance!! Dave
Old 02-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Welcome to the forum. We all know that there is nothing in the warranty that prohibits fulltime use but I went off to the Peterson site to find the documentation necessary to prove to you that PI has no "small print" in the warranty that precludes or prohibits fulltime use but I could find nothing.

There is some cr** about
"See your dealer for complete explanation of product warranties.............."

Maybe Brian will come along early Sunday morning and tell you himself. I know if I were you, I'd be looking for something in writing from PI instead of being told to listen to a dealer. (No offense Wrongway)
Old 02-03-2008, 01:10 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I just took a look at our 2-year "total trust" warranty that came with the rig. There are no exclusions for fulltime use.

PI is totally aware that many people fulltime in the rigs they produce...there's even a Fulltimer's Excel Club. If PI didn't want to warranty their rigs for fulltime use, I'd think it would clearly state so in the written warranty.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:56 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
I agree with Linda, by not stating that it is not intended for full time use leaves it open by exclusion. On my past trailers it has always stated the the unit was a RV and as such was not itended for full time use.

When we ordered our unit we were at a show and talking to Bryan about this and he told me that there was not a problem with using the rig for full time. In fact he had with him a notebook with other manufacturers warranty and he was showing me where theirs stated "not intended for full time use".

This is IMO and I'm sticking with it.
Butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:46 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
We "SPECIALIZE" in full time use. That question is not even considered in our evaluations of warranty issues. Have fun! Live in them! And don't worry about whether Peterson Industries will support you or not should you have an issue. We're right here!!

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #7

Bryan,

Sorry for mispelling your name and Thanks for your reply to this question. This is why you've just cemented our decision on choosing Excel as our 5'er....Now all we have to do is find the one we want or order it, but we are anxious to get it(35 MKE). You're not going to be at the Austin,Tx show are you? It's around the weekend of 17th Feb...just curious.

Anyway thanks for reply to this question!!

Dave and Denise Ketner
Old 02-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Dave & Denise,
"The Man" has spoken!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:39 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaveDeeFT07:
You're not going to be at the Austin,Tx show are you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bryan's RV show schedule through the first part of April is posted here.. He doesn't show the Austin show on his schedule, but he will be at the Dallas show 2/21 - 2/24.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Hey Bryan thanks for jumping in here and posting the answer.
Butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:22 AM   #11

Linda,
where can I find Excel's Full Time Owner's Forum that you spoke of?
Thanks,
Rick
RickV1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Rick,

Check out the second item from the bottom on this page: http://excelrvs.com/state_clubs.htm
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:29 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Just a note about the Full-Timers Excel Club: Although the blurb on the Excel site to which Jim & Bona gave a link, above, says that "All Excel owners, not just full-timers are invited to join" that is NOT true! You MUST be both an Excel owner AND a fulltime RVer in order to join the Yahoo Group.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
"You MUST be both an Excel owner AND a fulltime RVer in order to join the Yahoo Group."

So No "Wannabe's" allowed?
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote