RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
ASAP 36CFE Questions before we buy

We are fulltimers and proud owners of 2005 36RDO but are looking to upgrade to 2011 36 CFE (pre-owned by Peterson's Brian and one other owner). Question where and/or how anyone with this model hangs their bath towels since there is no wall space in the bathroom. Please share any other issues you may have with this model. I am upset there is no clothes hamper either and would give up a drawer in bed or bathroom for dirties. Also don't see spray nozzle/hose in outside utility area.

Any problems with hydraulic slides, auto awning, longer slides, or disc brakes?

We love our 36RDO and wish they still offered this model with some of the utility and basement changes they have made over the years. But with low interest rates and the gr8 price on this rig we ar are considering a newer one. Having one designed for us not a fiscal option.

Working thru Stalkups RV in Casper Wyoming. Excel Dealer. Anyone have experiences with them (good and bad please) Want to give them a decision today. Any input appreciated?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by didymop
We are fulltimers and proud owners of 2005 36RDO but are looking to upgrade to 2011 36 CFE (pre-owned by Peterson's Brian and one other owner). Question where and/or how anyone with this model hangs their bath towels since there is no wall space in the bathroom. Please share any other issues you may have with this model. I am upset there is no clothes hamper either and would give up a drawer in bed or bathroom for dirties. Also don't see spray nozzle/hose in outside utility area.

Any problems with hydraulic slides, auto awning, longer slides, or disc brakes?

We love our 36RDO and wish they still offered this model with some of the utility and basement changes they have made over the years. But with low interest rates and the gr8 price on this rig we ar are considering a newer one. Having one designed for us not a fiscal option.

Working thru Stalkups RV in Casper Wyoming. Excel Dealer. Anyone have experiences with them (good and bad please) Want to give them a decision today. Any input appreciated?
We hang our bathroom towels on a rack that hangs on the door. It works very well.

As for the spray nozzle, we never have used ours. We have a "y" connection at the water inlet and can hook up a hose of any length for our use.

Hydraulic slides, auto awning have worked flawlessly. The disk brakes are good but I'm not the one to comment on them. IMHO if this is Bryan's rig, it should everything in great shape.

I thought that model had a hamper?

Tim

Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Thanks. you are meaning the door to the hallway since the other door slides?

I thought they had hampers too but not this one. I'm sure SC can help me fix a drawer into one. Just don't want to go with a pop up hamper. Believe it or not a hamper was a main consideration when we RV looked in 2005. Excel was one of few that had one and not a hole in the floor to the basement.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks. you are meaning the door to the hallway since the other door slides?

I thought they had hampers too but not this one. I'm sure SC can help me fix a drawer into one. Just don't want to go with a pop up hamper. Believe it or not a hamper was a main consideration when we RV looked in 2005. Excel was one of few that had one and not a hole in the floor to the basement.
Yes, I do mean the hall door.

As for the laundry hamper, I'd use the pop up laundry basket that is low to the ground but long and store it in the closet. What about putting it in the washer/dryer space or a canvas bag in the closet? Lots of ways to skin that cat!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
So I didn't have time to really check out the suspension though it did look like it have leaf springs and disc breaks. What type of suspension did your CFE come with and are you satisfied with it? This is a tough decision because there are a lot of great things about the 36 RDO also suspension not being one of them. If you have disk brakes also, what type of controller can you use? Thanks again for your input.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
So I didn't have time to really check out the suspension though it did look like it have leaf springs and disc breaks. What type of suspension did your CFE come with and are you satisfied with it? This is a tough decision because there are a lot of great things about the 36 RDO also suspension not being one of them. If you have disk brakes also, what type of controller can you use? Thanks again for your input.
First of all, we have an '11 36' GKE not a CFE. I am familiar though with the CFE you are talking about. We've not had any problems with our suspension or the disk brakes. Some people have changed out the shocks and report a better ride. We've not experienced a bad ride yet. Our things stay in place with only an occasional toss. That is rare though. Right now we are with the OEM equipment.

Our brake controller is the TruControl at this website, http://blog.hensleymfg.com/trailer-b...er-trucontrol/. We are very satisfied with it's operation.

Enjoy the ride!