Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2008, 07:48 PM   #1

Western Refineries mixed diesel and gas in the unleaded gas loads. It was distributed to at least 80 stations around the Albuquerque area including Costco. 100's of people are having car problems in the area.
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2008, 07:48 PM   #2

Western Refineries mixed diesel and gas in the unleaded gas loads. It was distributed to at least 80 stations around the Albuquerque area including Costco. 100's of people are having car problems in the area.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:49 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Thanks for the info, Phil. Life is always kept interesting for us, isn't it? Surprised it didn't happen around balloon fiesta time! ABQ is a neat town. rockintom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:08 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
WHEW!!! I thought perhaps you were thinking our dealers had bad gas.... I'm glad that's not the case, since I'm spending the weekend in Moriarty!!!

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:18 AM   #5

Hi Bryan, If the folks at Moriarty have bad gas I just cannot comment on that . I will hopefully see you out there Saturday.

Tom, That would really be fun! Thousands of cars lined up in front of where I am staying going no where
Phil
Old 03-27-2008, 03:32 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">WHEW!!!....our dealers had bad gas </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, what the spinmeisters of the press could do with this...."President of Peterson Industries says all their dealers stink"
Old 03-27-2008, 06:13 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Virgil... I think you meant.... "EX-President of P.I. says all their dealers stink"
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ExcelRVGuy:
Virgil... I think you meant.... "EX-President of P.I. says all their dealers stink" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bryan,

As your last official act, a real decked out 35 RSE would be nice. Just bring it with you this weekend and I will pick it up next week, just tell Kathy to hold it for me.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #9

Henceforth it is recommended each Excel come with Gas Xcel .
I guess this bad gas thing is getting more serious. Western refinery is refusing to release the names of stations and distributors involved. It is reassuring our oil companies can take such an arrogant attitude towards its customers.
Phil
Old 03-28-2008, 01:20 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Google only turned up one news article.
http://www.lcsun-news.com/ci_8715793
Interesting that none of the national wireservices have picked up this story which has "affected 40 service stations and wholesalers".
Old 03-28-2008, 01:54 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
I just spotted this item on CBS TV news. They say 40 stations are involved with no specifics. The big question was who will pay for the flush/clean up of affected vehicles.

Good luck to all those unfortunate victims of this accident.

Jim
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:25 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim & Bona:
I just spotted this item on CBS TV news. They say 40 stations are involved with no specifics. The big question was who will pay for the flush/clean up of affected vehicles.

Good luck to all those unfortunate victims of this accident.

Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had a similiar thing happen in Kansas City and the gas stations stood tall on the deal. You could go back to the station and they'd give you the address to submit your bill and request. It happened to some of my friends. The diesel got loaded into the unleaded....and it made them a bit flat and lazy. Cold start was next to impossible, on their gas powered car, in the colder weather. Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #13

You can check out KOB.com, KRQE.com for info on this. I feel bad for the affected people and I had heard it was greater than 40 stations. The local Shell and Giant stations are giving folks a number to call to which you cannot get thru. I think another number is being generated due to the demand. Good old Costco is taking care of it on the spot. They are saying no damage to the engines but geez, I'd really be concerned if it were my engine. Just think if you got a batch of unleaded in your diesel!
Phil
Old 03-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #14

Excel Owners Club
I actually pumped my 7.3 liter Powersstroke diesel tanks full of gasoline once and drove about 30 miles before the worst spitting and sputtering you've ever seen. At the Hess station, the gas and diesel were on the same pump and the 87 octane handle was green. I was used to only diesel being green and pumped away. It didn't hurt my engine. I still have the truck and have put about 50,000 miles on since but it cost me about $700.