Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2010, 07:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdbontly View Post
Man I know what you're going through! Jan and I are right in the middle of trying to determine what comes with us, what gets handed down to the kids, what we may be able to sell, and what goes to Goodwill. We're both still working, so we can only do this on weekends. After just a few hours, we're exhausted. But in the end, I know it will all be worth it!
I agree. I have been dreaming since working behind the desk for years that I would have this opportunity.

I volunteer as the music director for my church; so at first we will be on the road a week or two at a time.....Good luck on figuring this all out.
bayou316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Been there done that....after much research we went with a "very professional" (and expensive) 4 day estate auction. This is where they come in and have experts (usually retired folks that spent their career in that industry) Art, jewerly, tools, guns, etc.

You simply take out what you want, and leave. They take over and "stage" the house....that takes about 12 days. After four days of sales, they have several folks come in and bid on what's left as a complete package. They clean the carpets and it's all done. Ready for the new home owners.

We had to search a lot to find someone that was a true professional and had a real good following. The first day of the auction....buyers were lined up going down the driveway and down the street prior to the auction starting. They even had folks assisting in parking on the street.

Again after a lot of research, we elected to not to keep storage. I you interview folks that have FT for a number of years......you'll find that those who used a storage did so for about 6-8 years, getting a smaller storage every year due to cost and at the end they are sweeping out the dust from what the bugs got to!!!! What a waste of good happy hour money!!! My wisdom for today!!! Ha. rockin'
Rockin..you need to start a consult business for FT's. You provide great information on this forum.

Luckily, with the huge slab the church is letting us use; we have enough room for a 10x10 storage building. All I have to do is buy the building. May get just a inexpensive one. Better than paying a monthly fee.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Oh no, do you know what you started?? Take it away Rockin' (we do love you).
janieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Watch out. His head may get bigger than his belly.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #19

Excel Owners Club
SKIA as an consultant. Do you know how mislead we would be. Way to much BS to figure out what is really needed to go fulltime. And he would need more than my bibs to carry extra weight from his big head.

Must say we like the SKIA but not that much to give him the idea to be a consultant
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #20

Excel Owners Club
I kinda like being a consultant.....however I became concerned when I read what the definition of a consultant is. It's a guy that can tell you 1500 ways to make love to a woman.....but doesn't have a girlfriend!!!! ___ __ __ __ _

recon we're OT yet? rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #21

Quote:
I kinda like being a consultant.....however I became concerned when I read what the definition of a consultant is. It's a guy that can tell you 1500 ways to make love to a woman.....but doesn't have a girlfriend!!!! ___ __ __ __ _

recon we're OT yet? rockin'

Wow Rockin! I didn't know you were so loved on here. LOL
Old 11-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #22

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou316 View Post
Wow Rockin! I didn't know you were so loved on here. LOL
What's not to love?
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 11-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Wink

Quote:
What's not to love?
it is getting very deep and me without a shovel
Hermandutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #24

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou316 View Post
Rockin..you need to start a consult business for FT's. You provide great information on this forum.

Luckily, with the huge slab the church is letting us use; we have enough room for a 10x10 storage building. All I have to do is buy the building. May get just a inexpensive one. Better than paying a monthly fee.

bayou,

Now look what you started....no one on this forum like anyone to make compliments to ME....they think it gets me all "fired up" and obviously they're right!!! Thanks for the nice compliment........and pooh on all those other rat scallions!!! We do have fun here, don't we?

Now back to On Topic!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #25

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermandutchman View Post
it is getting very deep and me without a shovel
I have several. but when I stop to think about ole' SKIA tactics, he'll dig his own hole without our help. We'll just need to cover him up.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote