Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
I am competing with rockintom for the lowest IQ so here goes.

The carpet in our 2002 30RGE is sort of "bunching up" as you enter the living room.
What is the best way to take care of this?

Jim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
I am competing with rockintom for the lowest IQ so here goes.

The carpet in our 2002 30RGE is sort of "bunching up" as you enter the living room.
What is the best way to take care of this?

Jim
Old 01-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Oh red.......OMG you left your self open on this one. Wrongway(Tom) would highly recommend a trade in. Bryan probably would second that!!!

Just teasin'. What does bunching mean to you? Do you have a pic? Give a little help on your more description of the situation.

Don't forget you owe us a great dinner. May have to butcher one of your "redcows" and do it up on the barbie!

Sorry...I'll try to be more serious in the future!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Rockin, You be more serious, please.

Red, You could rent a carpet kicker and tighten it back up.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Rockin,

I looked for you last evening cause I was going to buy.
Come on, be a man, come up where the weather is great. It was only -8 here last night.

As far as the carpet, Larry has it right. I didn't know if a carpet kicker would work or not. I didn't know exactly how it was fastened originally.

The "bunching" is my uneducated description of what happens when a carpet looses it's stretch.

Jim
Old 01-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
red,

Glad you still have a sense of humor! Some simply don't. Too bad. Kinda sad.

I THINK the carpet is similiar to a stick and brick with the nail boards and some simply stapled to the the floor in some areas. I DO know that it is REAL expense and labor intensive to do a carpet replacement. I haven't personally done it....but been explained the job. Doesn't sound like fun to me. I'm sure when ours gets the big holes in the carpet in the high traffic area.....we'll be talking trade in!

Colder than a mother goose in your neck of the woods....and somehow you still able to have a nice sense of humor. Amazing.....simply amazing. Keep warm buddy! Got to go and inspect on of the hot tubs to make sure they are OK.

Going to Iowa Club meeting tomorrow at lunch as a guest. I will be sure to tout our forum. Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:27 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Jim...

It's not uncommon for the carpet to stretch some as your coach ages. This is really a pretty simple do-it-yourself project if you have a good back, strong knee, a carpet kicker (can be rented at most rental centers) and a stapler.

We staple the carpet down. We don't use tack strips. Most likely you will want to stretch it toward your slide-out. That way, if you are not real handy with a razor knife, the errors won't show under the slide-out carpet flap.

Simply (well, it's not that simple) pull the staples out of the carpet, and kick the excess toward the loose area. Then staple the carpet back down and cut off the excess.

Hope this helps.

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:16 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Bryan,

Thanks for the info. That is what I was considering but did not know for sure how it was fastened down.

A big thank you for being on this forum and for all the help you give.

As rockintom said "get a new Excel". I would love to but seems like too many other people wanting money right now!!

Jim