Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2007, 05:56 AM   #15

Excel Owners Club
I was at the RV show in Eugene last weekend and talked to Byran Tillett/President of Excel and he said that the Prodigy would work with the disc brakes.

We just ordered my 35RSE last weekend for late April/early May delivery.

The following are the options we put on:

Padded Ceiling
Central Vac
Whole house filter
Dual Sliding LPT Trays
King Size Bed
Heat Pump instead of A/C
Glide Ride Pin Box
Second High Volume Fan w/sensor
Sofa Caddie
Oak Valances
thermo-pane windows
Hydrflame 2 stage Furnace
Whirlpool Wash/Dryer
ShurFlo Variable speed water pump
Boat Hitch
Elec WeatherPro Awning
Quad Door refer
Disc Brakes
32" LCD TV
Ind Hydr Leveling Sys.

These are the options that we felt worked best. We did not get the camper jacket as I have had bras on cars before and they do excatly what the previous poster said. They rub on the finish and if they get wet behind them you really should take them off till it dries behind them. If they act like a car one when they get wet they can haze your gel coat when the sun dries them and they are wet. I had that happen to me only one time and decicded I would never have another one. If you want to protect your front find an outfit that does invisible bras for cars and have them put the 3M product on it.

This is IMO
Butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #16

Excel Owners Club
in regards to the 2 stage heater question, We have it in our rig. Only one time has the "second stage" kicked in.

Basicly, if the rig is very cold, and you are asking for a lot of heat, a second blower turns on forcing hot air quicker into the rig.

The "regular" stage is the quietest heater I have ever heard in a 5th wheel, and we are very happy with our choice of the 2 stage.

The heater in our last 5th wheel (Keystone product) was the noisiest @#$&*% thing I have ever heard, and woke me up each time it turned on during the night!

We are also very happy with the padded cieling, and didn't bother with the front jacket. (I do have a good set of mud flaps on the rear of my truck, though)

2005 Forrest River Charleston 400TS DP
D and J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:49 AM   #17

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FickleFinn:
My wife and I are considering the above (also looking at the Hitchhiker LS 32.5 FKSBG. These are the options we think we would like on the Excel, would you all be kind enough to suggest what I may want and what I may want to delete?

Camper Jacket
Thermo-pane windows
2 stage furnace
Shur-flo water pump
pivot-ez sewer hose
boat hitch
dual sliding lp trays
2 step awning
16 gal water heater
glide ride
washer/dryer ready

Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would also suggest the gen prep which will include the 40# propane bottles and by all means, get the heat pump upgrade to your AC unit.

Bangs, Texas
Highgturn is offline   Reply With Quote