Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2009, 10:11 PM   #15

I'm confused as well after reading all posts, before even being an owner an Excel 5th wheel.

Wouldn't it be clearer to state what is covered, rather than working from exclusion position? In fact, I sense that under new warranty program, very little is covered. Let see: frame, wiring, piping...what else?

Anyone there that is able to clearly explain this?

Very Merry Christmas to all.
greg0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #16

Then I found this on their forum:

Leave your worries behind with our unbeatable warranty

Excel’s 2-Year Total Trust Warranty is your guarantee that, in the unlikely event something goes wrong with your Excel fifth wheel, we’ll fix it. It’s that simple. We have so much confidence in our quality workmanship and attention to detail that we promise your Excel fifth wheel will be free from defects in materials or faulty workmanship for a full two years after its original purchase.

Statement like this should give me total confidence in their trailers. Correct or not?
Old 12-22-2009, 04:29 AM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Michael,

You are both right. Yes, the new warranty states that componant parts are covered by their seperate manufacturer's warranties. I didn't consider those of you who don't have an Excel dealer close by, or who's dealer may no longer be in business.

If a particular componant is only covered by a 1 year warranty, then that's what you get on that componant. My point was that for most, (who have a local dealer) that DURING the warranty period of a particular item, your dealer will be more than happy to go to bat for you and get that componant replaced.

For those of you who travel extensively, then yes, you will have to deal with the componant manufacturer.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I jumped in and muddy'ed up the waters a bit and I apologize for that.

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:43 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Caveat emptor !!!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJohn View Post
Caveat emptor !!!
Chief,

Just what are we to be beware of? IMHO what Excel is doing is still above the competition. They stand behind their materials and workmanship for 2 yrs and in some cases beyond. They strive to chose other products that will stand the test of time and abuse. Some of the products even have a 3 yr warranty. They surely could have chosen products that were cheaper to put in the units.

I, for one, am very happy that they are still in business and didn't succumb to the trials of the current economy. Each and every one of us has tightened our belts in some way or another. If this makes sure that they are still in business in 5 yrs., 10 yrs and longer than I for one applaud the action.

After living in ours FT for almost 2 yrs now, I wouldn't change manufacturers. Models, maybe at some future date. Have we had problems? You bet we did. Did Excel take care of it? YES and then some. Would I buy another one? Without hesitation. Will I look at other manufacturers? Yes. Will I as a consumer DEMND better quality control from Excel? For sure. Will they continue to strive to be the best? I believe they will. Is there ever the perfect product? We don't even have a lifetime warranty on our own pieces and parts and we were made by the ultimate perfect manufacturer.

What makes this a great place to live is we have choice and options. That's the freedom that you and I gave our time in the military for. We insured that the freedoms that we enjoy today remained intact. You made a choice and that's OK. I made recent choices, BigBit & LilBit, and that's OK. Excel or any other company is not the perfect company yet. Each will strive, in their own way, to be profitable and provide good products that we all can enjoy.

Have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #20

Excel Owners Club
Must tell you that I'm currently having a (big) problem with my slide ram. Even tho my 2 year warranty ran out five months ago, PI is paying for the parts to fix it if I take it to a shop they have worked with in the past. And offering me phone tech support as I go.

Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 AM   #21

I have been reading this thread and did not want to comment on it. I know two individuals not happy with their rigs. I also know the Excel is one of the best. Many owners and prospective purchasers seem to want something that is hard and fast. The microwave goes out after 1.5 years they want to know they are covered even though it only had a year of manufacturer warranty. Many purchasers invest over $100K between the TV and the Excel. Its a lot of money.
Many owners and purchasers are buying a family and are loyal because they are happy with the product and most importantly that the Company is there for them. I purchased three 5th wheels from RV Sales for the very reason I felt I was family and trusted them. If I buy a new Excel and products fail and are not covered by the manufacturer or Excel, it is a real turnoff.
I understand how money is tight but it would be easy to say we will cover everything for the first year
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #22

We went yesterday to look at new Winslow. A beautiful trailer, well finished and with nice layout, all in 30' package. My wife did not like quality of hickory wood though - too many knots that are rough (not filled up with wood filler.)

We tried to discuss the warranty issue with Excel salesman. Amazingly, he was not able to be clear enough on this, no matter how hard I tried to keep him on track. It was not avoidance, nor sleeze: I couldn't pin-point exactle his maneuvers during the discussion.

Anyway, just by looking at the 5th wheel I had tremendous confidence in its quality. Even Marathon tires were made in USA and not in China, although if I decide to order one, it will have to come with XPS Ribs.

Perhaps I'm too much on the enthusiastic side, but that warranty issue may not be much of a problem.