RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:17 PM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel Worker View Post
I know Bryan has really been pushing us to do better in the way of making our fit and finish really tight, we have a great crew here. He has implemented a new Quality Control, that starts from the frame plant and goes to finish. I think alot of issues are going to be clearing up immediately.

Joe, Saw Dept.

I hope it isn't to late to wake up, Joe. But you are talking about the butter on your bread.

BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #16

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I know Bryan has really been pushing us to do better in the way of making our fit and finish really tight, we have a great crew here. He has implemented a new Quality Control, that starts from the frame plant and goes to finish. I think alot of issues are going to be clearing up immediately.

Joe, Saw Dept.
You and Bryan have your work cut out for you.

In the 2.5 years I have lived in this trailer, I have have lost count of the number of times I have needed repair work, including a trip to SC for a repair that has lasted only one 1.5 years. In fact, I'm towing it 140 miles for more repairs in a few days. Half of the repairs have been products installed by PI, but the others were the results of poor assembly.

I hear from some that they have seen no problems at all. But others have the same long list of troubles as me. Which speaks to uneven QC. Which you already know.

Good luck.

Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:49 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

Joe, Saw Dept.
Joe,
For your sake and all the employees of PI, I sincerely wish you folks the best on your renewed Quality Control journey. Unfortunately, as others have stated, 'I hope its not too little too late'. You've lost several of your staunchest supporters -- however, there will always new folks starting their 'Excel Experience'.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJohn View Post
Thanks Phil -- I feel like I've known you for several years from our interaction on this forum. We had a Discovery MH for several years and decided to quit RV'ing. Then I retired and we missed traveling and meeting fellow RV'ers. Purchased our Excel and, other than continuing issues, have been very pleased with PI.

We are purchasing a Sportscoach Legend (40') -- deal will be finalized on 26 Dec, once we get back to GA.
John,

Did you hide your Mack in the barn or adopt it out to a good home?

Thanks,

Dave

PS - We've been in and out for a while between work and play ... went down to the Keys for a few days to warm up, they were having record lows there as well. Our 33RSE RT did well while we were gone with temps dipping into the upper 20's, we emptied a whole 30# propane tank since Wednesday as some days like today are staying in the lower 40's. Finally breaking down to get out our electric heater since the propane guy doesn't swing by until Wednesday. I've responded to quite a few low voltage work orders in the last couple of weeks as this older park can't handle folks running all electric or almost all electric appliances (most like me are running with 30 amp adapters). Tonight it is getting down to 25 deg so I filled our fresh water tank and am disconnecting our hoses. None of the faucets are freeze protected here which explains another round of calls I've been getting.
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #19

When Carol and I were looking for a rig we were confronted by how much is out there and the amount of dealers. Seemed like there were almost as many dealers in our area as car dealers although that is not the case now. We also were confronted by our own ignorance which can really complicate things. In shopping we found dealers would be very skilled at getting into our wallet. Impressive, used car tactics at over $100K a pop, no wonder there were so many dealers. One of the things in the MH world that made Tiffin so successful has been accessibility of the manufacturer. A straight shooting, call the President if you are not happy, approach. Your siding came loose on your 2000 Tiffin? Well why dont' Yall come on down to Alebamer and we all will fix it for yall. That is not necessarily true but it is the perception of many customers. When I read a warranty, as a customer, I do not want to read lawyerese. Is it covered or not and when will it be fixed. As a customer I want "can do" not if the sun and stars are in proper alignment. I want straight shooting as I have paid the price of admission and expect this. Just some thoughts! Excuse my "Southern"!
Moto
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Dave,
Traded the Mack in, along with the Excel. You guys sound like you're enjoying your time in south Florida. We have a couple nights more of this crazy weather -- down in low 20s again tonight. They're telling us that we'll be back close to 70 by the end of the week.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #21

Actually I could be blowing smoke. And I'm sorry you don't know me enough personally, to know I'm not. When we got laid off last year, I was one of them. As was my boss. They kept me and let him go. My new boss is a pretty, best wording here, visual, observant, guy, he's a good guy, but I have to tell you, if you want a worry free, hassle free coach, Bryan Smith as well as Bryan Tillet are inspecting, I'm not lying, from frame to insulation behind the sidewalls, wiring, shelf construction. there's nothing going into these units that isn't scrutinized now. I can tell you from frame on up, We are a changed plant. My E-mail and I can send pics, (as I will to the forum) I want to prove myself to you that I'm not a peterson salesman. Bryan Tillet has been asking us for about 2 or more years, now to participate on this, and , WOW, I'm the FIRST? Anyway Joe.Pickett@live.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhicker View Post
I hope it isn't to late to wake up, Joe. But you are talking about the butter on your bread.
Excel Worker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Woodhicker, I have survived many things, tornado 2 years ago, multiple earthquakes, including the "Big One part 2" in San Fran. I was born and raised the first 30 years of my life in Santa Rosa, CA, I know who pays my bills, but I'm depended on nothing. I'm telling you now. Even from last summer, You would not recognize the plant, the workers, the changes. But we are changing now allmost everyday. It's quite something to keep up with, but it's happening, for the better. Joe.Pickett@live.com
Old 01-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #23

I'm not a PR man but as I said in previous posts, Its whole different company, we have some of our more experienced personell, but we have a whole different aim and focus, I'm just telling you what I've seen in the last year, come see for yourself!! Fixing issues you've had, is our aim. Remember those Saturn car ad's where the employee's said if something isn't right they can hit the stop button for production? We have that right! Our input on the floor is being asked for!! How can we improve? Bryan Tillet said had to downsize , we got laid off, but as we came back we got streamlined.
What's the corporte term "we have a lot more synergy" and thats true.
It's a happier place to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJohn View Post
Joe,
For your sake and all the employees of PI, I sincerely wish you folks the best on your renewed Quality Control journey. Unfortunately, as others have stated, 'I hope its not too little too late'. You've lost several of your staunchest supporters -- however, there will always new folks starting their 'Excel Experience'.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #24

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Woodhicker, I have survived many things, tornado 2 years ago, multiple earthquakes, including the "Big One part 2" in San Fran. I was born and raised the first 30 years of my life in Santa Rosa, CA, I know who pays my bills, but I'm depended on nothing. I'm telling you now. Even from last summer, You would not recognize the plant, the workers, the changes. But we are changing now allmost everyday. It's quite something to keep up with, but it's happening, for the better. Joe.Pickett@live.com

We are all here because we either full time or just plain like Rving We all have had different battles to get where we are at. I am surprised instead of having you come to a public forum, PI did not have a professional firm take a survey of QC issues from the consumers point of view. I know those are mailed to a PO box where the company that hired them does not know what city they where mailed from.
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:17 AM   #25

Quote:
We are all here because we either full time or just plain like Rving We all have had different battles to get where we are at. I am surprised instead of having you come to a public forum, PI did not have a professional firm take a survey of QC issues from the consumers point of view. I know those are mailed to a PO box where the company that hired them does not know what city they where mailed from.

Actually I'm doing this on my own. I'll pass this all on. But no one is making me do this, nor are they waiting my results. I'm just going to bring up your issues with Bryan. I like the Idea of a Blind Survey. But as for me, Bryan just threw it out there one day. "You guys should visit this site. I think they would appreciate your experience". So, I tried it.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:25 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel Worker
"You guys should visit this site. I think they would appreciate your experience". So, I tried it
I am glad you are here- and I don't want you to feel like you are being attacked nor do I want the members to feel like there is someone here to put a sugar coating on things.
You will learn some things being here - and you may also make some friends in the long run who will look forward to meeting you. Thank You for putting some of your own time here.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:27 AM   #27

Hey Excel Worker, Did not extend a welcome to you, so welcome. I used to own an Excel, loved it and really liked the Dealer, RV Sales, that sold it to me. I encourage you and Company to do just what you are saying, build the product that these folks are asking for. Be straight with the folks as they are devoted RVer;s who really like your product. You are working for a Company I have tremendous respect for and want to see it weather this storm. If it were 2007 we would not even be having this conversation, but it isn't. I personally would have no problem buying another Excel if I were in the market. Perhaps another day! I have a song I am going to post and instead of City substitute Country and take it from there. Good luck.
Moto
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #28

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I appreciate Joe's effort here. But really, management should be taking the initiative to announce the QC efforts and solicit suggestions. Joe doesn't represent PI, unless Bryan announces here that "Joe represents the company." And then Joe should get a raise.

As for a satisfaction survey, in my experience, if management does not initiate such an effort, management will likely not fully support it.

Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote