Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #351

Rockin,

You guys sure were the social hub for Big Bend!

Phil
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #352

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojavaphil View Post
Rockin,

You guys sure were the social hub for Big Bend!

Phil
Thanks Moto! If there is folks, food, or drink.....rockin' be there!!!! Too old for much anything else!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:27 AM   #353

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There are 60+ Excel's here at Hacienda RV park, Las Cruces, NM for the Spring Rally. With all the wind, rain and everything else, it sure don't feel like spring. The heater is blasting out the heat. I'm wearing a parka and LONG pants. UGH! Hopefully this weekend will bring warmer weather & sunshine. We are a lot of fun with everyone here.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #354

Excel Owners Club
You need to come to KANSAS, we don't have the rain, some sunshine and we setting here in our shorts!! We they are I'm in my bibs. 22 units.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #355

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
You need to come to KANSAS, we don't have the rain, some sunshine and we setting here in our shorts!! We they are I'm in my bibs. 22 units.
I don't have much time.....except to find fault!!! Read your sentence again Still. You be not a hole lots better than me!!! Nothing like a Kansasan hillibilly. I know that for a fact!!Probably the nicest thing said to ya all day!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 05-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #356

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
Smoke in Paradise

We are on a 30-amp site for the summer so I think I'll invest in a split 20/30 amp dogbone. We have a delayed sunrise and early sunset due to the canyon with morning temps in the 30's and high 60's/low 70's so far.

There is a really good fire going about 40 miles to the west of us, the upper canyon walls were a bit smoky yesterday afternoon. We delayed crossing Monarch Pass on the way because of high winds, yesterday that pass had an 80 MPH gust ... timing is everything.

Haven't seen any other Excel's in the canyon area after we have explored some. It takes a real robust hauler to get here or go lightyears out of their way.

Our site has ample aspen, humming birds, and a close-by irrigation ditch offshoot of Uncompoghre river.

Dave

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paradise.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	4115
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #357

Excel Owners Club
We were on our first trip with the 5ver and ran into an older Excel at Mormon Island State park south of Grand Island NE. We were visiting family so never saw the folks in it. Then we were biking the Root River Trail in southern Minnesota. Visited Sylvan Park in Lanesborough ( the city park) and saw an RT parked there. No one was around. Two Excels on put first trip. Yipee!!
janieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #358

Excel Owners Club
Today I saw an Excel pass our campground north of 108 Mile House, BC, Canada. We are heading in the same direction, on our way to AK.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #359

My wife and I had the pleasure of having Mr. Vaugh Peterson parked next to us while we overnighted at R&R Campground in Mitchell, So. Dakota. He arrived with a brand new 36 fter with a beautiful paint job that has the wife wanting a new unit.

Of course I talked with Mr. Peterson for several minutes and told him I really appreciated the high quality units his company builds and that I still enjoyed my eight year old 33RSE. He was very gracious with his time and tolerated my interruping his setting up his unit.

We were fortunate to see four other Excels two In Perry, Missouri at the Ray Behrens Campgrounds and one in Iowa SB on I29 near Sioux City and the other on I 90 EB near Sioux Falls, So. Dakota.

2002 Ford F350 V10 2x4
L44SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #360

Excel Owners Club
Driving in our new (to us) chase car from PA on the east side of Elkhart, IN I saw an old Excel Limited like an 88 or 89 model towed by what I think was an old International HDT. Saw it at a glance, but it didn't look to bad. rockin'
Old 07-02-2010, 06:34 AM   #361

Excel Owners Club
Yesterday while driving on I-80 in NE near Kearney, NE. I saw 3 Excels going west. They were spread out so may have not been traveling together.

* First was an 02/03 Limited pulled by an old HDT....maybe an white International
* Next was a 05 Limited pulled by a blue GMC 2500 (both tralier and truck looked nice)
* Finally was a 05 Limited pulled by a late model Ford white F-350 or F-450. Also nice units.

I was tooting my horn and flashing lights....but I was in Chase and she doesn't look much like a RVing rig!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #362

Excel Owners Club
Saw this ol' Excel in Laramie, WY today. Anyone have a clue what year it is? I'm guessing 84-85. Check it out!
rockin'

Old 07-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #363

Excel Owners Club
Tom, I would say that's close to that model year. You should know as it appears that you might be living in it. I notice that the TV antenna is up in the last picture. Is this your new rig? Maybe you won't have to be fixings thing on it. Should most of the bugs out of it.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #364

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
Tom, I would say that's close to that model year. You should know as it appears that you might be living in it. I notice that the TV antenna is up in the last picture. Is this your new rig? Maybe you won't have to be fixings thing on it. Should most of the bugs out of it.
Not my new rig....but it in the RV park we are workamping in!

I bet this unit is a one owner....yeah, one owner at a time!!!