Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2009, 08:57 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Excel Forum Feedback

Me thinks this forum went down the toilet.:(

red
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:04 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcow View Post
Me thinks this forum went down the toilet.:(

red
...Well I certainly can't get the guys to come out & play...I feel like this Mama can't get her hand down the toilet far enough to reach the "ball" that everyone is waiting me to pull out so the "playing" can continue...

I guess I am not even a good enough "Mama" to hang with the best "Trailer Trash" I know....
MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
"Red",
MM is doing an outstanding job as moderator of our Excel Forum -- the problem, as I see it, is that we have too many deputies policing iRV2.com with no clearly defined areas of responsibility. These folks (moderators) are for the most part extremely nice and doing an outstanding job keeping iRV2.com from degrading like some other RV forums. Bottom line -- we only need one person watching over our Excel flock -- not a dozen or more.

This post will either get deleted or edited -- 'it is what it is' and we have no voice in how iRV2.com is run.
John
Old 03-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
I am not bashing MM, she is doing fine.

I don't know if it is the new format or what.

I agree with you Chief, too many "chief's" (not you) and not enough "Indians".

I will shut up now.

red
Old 03-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJohn View Post
"Red",
MM is doing an outstanding job as moderator of our Excel Forum -- the problem, as I see it, is that we have too many deputies policing iRV2.com with no clearly defined areas of responsibility. These folks (moderators) are for the most part extremely nice and doing an outstanding job keeping iRV2.com from degrading like some other RV forums. Bottom line -- we only need one person watching over our Excel flock -- not a dozen or more.

This post will either get deleted or edited -- 'it is what it is' and we have no voice in how iRV2.com is run.
John
There is no reason to delete or edit your post.

All moderators are now free to moderate any forum. No forum has assigned moderators anymore. They are all community moderators.

Certain moderators will tend to frequent forums that they have an interest in, and that's fine.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:02 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post

All moderators are now free to moderate any forum. No forum has assigned moderators anymore. They are all community moderators.

Certain moderators will tend to frequent forums that they have an interest in, and that's fine.
Don't you guys even get it...that is what we are complaining about. Folks who do not know us are barging into our forum and crosslinking topics and now even flat out moving topics FORCING us to go into other areas of your forum when we just want to be left alone and have our topics left alone. Why in the world can't you all just let us swap information amongst ourselves and leave us alone. If we want to get information from other areas we can easily move to that area. Why do you insist on forcing this issue of cross-linking and now moving topics. We have clearly stated and almost begged you to give us one moderator and leave us alone. What happened to customer service. You guys are acting like a dictatorship. I just don't get you attitude.
We'll see how this works out for you.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:41 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We understand perfectly what you want, however what you want is in direct conflict with our rules.

Our Community Rules specify how the forums operate and we treat all forums the same.

The rules state that topics are to be posted in the appropriate forum, if not they will be moved and it's to all member's benefit when that happens. The OP will get more responses and more members will learn from the greater responses.

In addition, all members are welcome to post in any forum.

iRV2 is inclusive, not exclusive and non Excel specific topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.

The Off Topic thread where y'all chit chat is a great idea where you can talk among yourselves.

iRV2 is a community interrelated forums, not isolated groups where "outsiders" are not welcome.

To recap, the Excel forum will not be treated any differently than the other owner's forums.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:35 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
I undersand we all need rules to follow but they can be enforce to strictly. On a different topic forum I follow, a similar situation has occurred and a lot of the members wonder why no ones post any topics.

I think the forms are for the enjoyment of members and exchange of ideas and when the rules get to strick the ideas dry up. do we want ideas and topices or my way or the highway.

I am not overly pleased with the new forum format, does not seam to be a easy to use as the old one

Dan
Dan Hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Virg,

I guess Dirk done told you how it is and how it's gonna be .....have you finally got it? You have to admit sometimes you're a little thick sculled! But I think you are real sure this time.

Have a great day and don't go out and sink a piece of equipment in the swamp! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Dirk,

1 I can see the benefit of encouraging discussion among other forums. But I also see merit in assigning specific moderators to specific forums. Each forum has certain characteristics based on the members therein. Like our decision to restrain jabbering to the Off Topic thread. Or Workshop's excellent documentation.

For the longest time, ChiefJohn served as our primary moderator. Now MM doin' an equally fine job. Why not keep that part the way it was? It wasn't broken, so why fix it?

2 I'm not complaining about learning the features of a new program. But I still think it was a mistake to replace the content of subscribed forums with links in the daily emails.

Not everyone has an available connection, particularly RVers. Some download email and that's it. Even tho I have a sat dish, I find that I no longer read this forum every day, now that I must navigate the web page instead of reading the email. That part is certainly harder to use. I wouldn't be surprised to find that I drift away from this forum as a result.

Sincerely,
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:28 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinSmoke View Post
Don't you guys even get it...that is what we are complaining about. Folks who do not know us are barging into our forum and crosslinking topics and now even flat out moving topics FORCING us to go into other areas of your forum when we just want to be left alone and have our topics left alone. Why in the world can't you all just let us swap information amongst ourselves and leave us alone. If we want to get information from other areas we can easily move to that area. Why do you insist on forcing this issue of cross-linking and now moving topics. We have clearly stated and almost begged you to give us one moderator and leave us alone. What happened to customer service. You guys are acting like a dictatorship. I just don't get you attitude.
We'll see how this works out for you.
Makin Smoke,

I agree with you. It was fun when it was just Excel folk. I know some threads could be useful to other owners but I am sure they have intelligent people on other forums also.

I will not comment any more and I know a lot will say good riddance because I never had anything worthwhile to say except pick on rockin'

Maybe I will see some of you at the EXCEL reunion.

red
Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce and Jenna View Post
Dirk,

1 I can see the benefit of encouraging discussion among other forums. But I also see merit in assigning specific moderators to specific forums. Each forum has certain characteristics based on the members therein. Like our decision to restrain jabbering to the Off Topic thread. Or Workshop's excellent documentation.

For the longest time, ChiefJohn served as our primary moderator. Now MM doin' an equally fine job. Why not keep that part the way it was? It wasn't broken, so why fix it?

2 I'm not complaining about learning the features of a new program. But I still think it was a mistake to replace the content of subscribed forums with links in the daily emails.

Not everyone has an available connection, particularly RVers. Some download email and that's it. Even tho I have a sat dish, I find that I no longer read this forum every day, now that I must navigate the web page instead of reading the email. That part is certainly harder to use. I wouldn't be surprised to find that I drift away from this forum as a result.

Sincerely,

1. Now that we are part of the Social Knowledge community of forums, we made some changes to operate the forums within their guidelines and in the manner in which they have found to be successful. That has required all of us to learn vBulletin forum navigation, operation and we merged our rules and TOS with the Social Knowledge rules and TOS.

The whole concept of the Social Knowledge 14 forums, is that each one is a community of members with a common interest and not a group of independent sub-forums.

MM will continue to be the primary moderator as long as she would like to, but there is no formal assignment any longer.

2. The daily email digest is still being looked at by Andy and he is trying to restore that feature. The software difference between Groupee and vBulletin has caused countless headaches.

Many of things we liked about the old forum are slowly being implemented here in the new forum and many of those features are proving to very time consuming and difficult to implement.

Thanks for your comments.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:05 AM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post

MM will continue to be the primary moderator as long as she would like to, but there is no formal assignment any longer.

Isn’t MonacoMama was an Administrator now? I sort of felt she would be an equal in these decisions!
Money Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Bags View Post
Isn’t MonacoMama was an Administrator now? I sort of felt she would be an equal in these decisions!
Yes, MM is an Admin, and it's her decision to frequent the Excel forum.

Tags
daily digest, forum changes, forum disappointment, make this right, re-evaluate rules?, roving moderators, too many chiefs, where is improvement?, yahoo form