Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #29

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Did you mean horns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What kind of old man would he be?
OK, I'm not going there. I already been edited once today.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #30

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryGodby:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As for Tom being Larry the Angel Guy, I ask only one question of those who have meet Tom in person. "Does he have his wings?" I doubt it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Larry,

Did you mean horns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that would better. He is an onery little devil as we all know. But we all still like him, Sir KnowitAll, is not all bad.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:09 PM   #31

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Still Working:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryGodby:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As for Tom being Larry the Angel Guy, I ask only one question of those who have meet Tom in person. "Does he have his wings?" I doubt it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Larry,

Did you mean horns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that would better. He is an onery little devil as we all know. But we all still like him, Sir KnowitAll, is not all bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm alright...it's the world that's wrong!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #32

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
I'm alright...it's the world that's wrong! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

You know what they say It is your dream you can make it as big as you want.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #33

Excel Owners Club
I don't mean to be a kill joy, but I read this site for info on our Excel RV's. It seems like the site is being used by a couple of the members to hijack a lot of of
the threads with a lots of shucking and jiving about nothing. If these members like to talk, that's fine. Use the internet to talk all you want. Not on the Excel forum. When they do contribute it is usually good info. No one wants to read through 3 to 4 pages of dribble to get to what the title of the thread was about. Why don't we just try and keep it to the topics at hand.
I know I'm going to get flamed for this but, I can't read through this any more.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #34

amen, roger. thank you.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:05 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Roger,
I'll reiterate what I have stated before, this forum cannot be all things to all people. If you disagree with a post, then ignore it and go on.

Actually, the "with a lots of shucking and jiving about nothing." is one of the reasons this forum has been so popular. We have Excel Forum Members who visit the forum for its "entertainment", as well as coach specific information.
John
Old 06-30-2008, 08:48 AM   #36

Don't feel 'flamed' Roger ... your point of view is just as important as others, and shared by many.

As a busy business owner, I don't have time for all of the 'shucking and jiving', and it does make finding the coach-specific information more time consuming.

But I do greatly value the coach-specific info, so I tolerate the rest. It would be nice if there were coach threads and social threads, but that would be hard to pull off.

So, to each their own. I'm here for the good stuff ... which, as it turns out, isn't the same as everyone else's good stuff.

Bob
Bob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #37

Excel Owners Club
I too find the forum a bit swollen with fodder. I come here regularly and scan for INFO. Many if not most topics, problems, questions are responded to admirably in the first few posts....then we have 2,3,4 or more pages of stuff that no longer deals with the topic. Many forums moderators monitor for off topic and act accordingly.
I know the last time something like this occurred someone got mighty ticked and tried to cash in all his chips....but decided under duress to stay.
It IS a good forum and I will continue to visit and contribute when I have something to offer.

Sidney

www.aworldtraveler.com
sidkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #38

Excel Owners Club
Perhaps we should have a section on this form on Excel's just for entertainment ? I for one, don't have the time to read through 3 to 4 pages of good ole boy back slapping and comatose words of wisdom. And all this. while I'm trying to find the info in the title of the thread, which has been buried in gobble-de gook.

I like our whole Excel family, for we have made a good choice in our means of travel companion. I say these things above with no meanness intended toward any of the Excel group'

I'm done, I shall say no more !
Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #39

I don't know Roger, sure will take all the fun out of it . Sounds like problems in paradise.
$2000 to get back into an Excel. That sure would be sweet. Too bad I am married to the Beaver so tightly. I still want the T2000 with a nice studio to pull an Excel. Best 5r out there!
Phil
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #40

Excel Owners Club
Usually the meat of any given matter being discussed or questioned, was addressed up front. Then once business was taken care of, things would kind of veer or skid off-course.

I enjoyed it a lot.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #41

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChiefJohn:

I'll reiterate what I have stated before, this forum cannot be all things to all people. If you disagree with a post, then ignore it and go on.

Actually, the "with a lots of shucking and jiving about nothing." is one of the reasons this forum has been so popular.
John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on John, I think Roger was just offering some "constructive critisism" that we all could use from time to time. It's not about "disagreeing with a post so ignore it and go on"; if you are trying to find the solution to a problem and having to read all the "shucking and jiving" just to find out if anyone has offered some good advise that can be more of a chore than need be. I,as well as others, have tried to point out that a thread has gotten , by posting this cute little icon, but this only seems to make things worse, and at this point I (and many others) give up on the thread.
I, for one, think this forum may become EVEN MORE POPULAR (afterall there are a couple thousand Excel owners that we never hear from that could probably have very valuable input)if the threads could remain a little more ON TOPIC. Surely a man with your great wisdom, stature, character and maturity can appreciate this

Ooops, with all the shucking and jiving going on, I didn't realize there were 2 other threads going relative to the shucking and jiving. But alas, I see there has been a viable solution offered by the Chief and I would like to now say !!!
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote