Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2007, 07:11 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Is it just me or is the area to build and MSRP price an Excel gone? I see they added the dealer locator now and it looks like it replaced the price catagory.

I used the build tool all of the time to see what was avaiable for options and what the MSRP was on it. I'm in the process of building a 26TRW and went to the site today after actually seeing one yesterday and the build area is gone, or have I just missed it?

This was another one of those things that set Excel apart from every other run of the mill manufacturer out there. After having it for so many years and to have it gone now is like they have taken a great tool away from us if they have taken it away or the link is just broken.

Would somebody please let me know if you can find it?

ON EDIT: When I go to their site map I find the Pricing Calculator but when I select it I go to the dreaded "Page Cannot be found"
Butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2007, 07:11 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Is it just me or is the area to build and MSRP price an Excel gone? I see they added the dealer locator now and it looks like it replaced the price catagory.

I used the build tool all of the time to see what was avaiable for options and what the MSRP was on it. I'm in the process of building a 26TRW and went to the site today after actually seeing one yesterday and the build area is gone, or have I just missed it?

This was another one of those things that set Excel apart from every other run of the mill manufacturer out there. After having it for so many years and to have it gone now is like they have taken a great tool away from us if they have taken it away or the link is just broken.

Would somebody please let me know if you can find it?

ON EDIT: When I go to their site map I find the Pricing Calculator but when I select it I go to the dreaded "Page Cannot be found"
Old 10-20-2007, 07:31 AM   #3

I justr tried it and it worked fine for the L36TKE. I also have the price list in an Excel spreadsheet if that would be helpful.

DeepDoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:34 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
DeepDoc1,

Where are you finding the price calculator on the web page? I must be missing something. I don't see it listed anywhere other than on the site map and when i go there is tells me Page Not Found.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:58 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Butch, I get the same thing...Price Calculator only in the Site Map, but "Page Not Found" when you click on it. Perhaps it's an oversite when they updated their webpage to include the dealer locator.

Thank you, Bryan, for having the dealer located added to the website. I would have preferred a map where I could click on a state and get all the dealers in that state, but at least the current dealer locator is a start. I do hope, however, that the price calculator hasn't been eliminated in favor of the dealer locator. IMO, it shouldn't be an either/or deal...BOTH the price calculator and the dealer locator should be available.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:06 AM   #6

Butch,

Try this link
Price Calculator

I had used it a couple days ago and it was saved in my history.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Old 10-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Yes Linda I agree with you I would to see a map and just be able to click on it to find the dealers in that area and I would also like to keep the MSRP section. At least we can get dealers by zip now that is a great improvment over what we had before. Maybe they are just in the process of updating the site and haven't gotten to that pricing part yet. Lets hope they keep it.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Didelot_RV:
Butch,

Try this link
Price Calculator

I had used it a couple days ago and it was saved in my history.

Hope this helps,
Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark, Yes that does help, it appears that the linkage to this page was lost when they updated the site. This got me to the pricing location.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
For Conversation, I know that Excel is removing the Price Calculator for their web site, and adding the Dealer Locator by Zip Code.
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:15 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thank you, Bryan, for having the dealer located added to the website. I would have preferred a map where I could click on a state and get all the dealers in that state, but at least the current dealer locator is a start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Linda ... I agree. Having the new dealer locator is a great step forward; but I must admit that I was hoping for either a map or a drop down list showing dealers by State. That way, if I was traveling from one spot to another, I could adjust my route to pass by a dealer. To do that now requires looking up the zip codes for major cities on multiple routes and then running multiple searches against the dealer locator ... still a big improvement, but not super customer friendly.
Bob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:18 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For Conversation, I know that Excel is removing the Price Calculator for their web site, and adding the Dealer Locator by Zip Code. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for posting the scoop wrongway. That's too bad (from a customer perspective) that the price calculator is going away. I like to think that informed customers are better customers.
Bob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:22 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
wrongway,

Why would they want to remove such a great tool. Now we have no way to even guess at what a rig is going to MSRP for. Some of us use the tool to see what options we really want and the cost of each. We might decide that it is just to expensive to add. It is not the time to try and decide that when you are sitting at the dealer getting ready to order one. I mean even the car manufacturers have their pricing online.

Who is going to set the MSRP now, the ones we we see in the rigs on the lot for the first time. That means the dealer is going to set it for what they want us to see. This has not been Excels way of doing business every since I started looking at them many years back. This is just going to get into more dealer bidding between the dealers. How do we know if we are getting a good price if we don't even know where the dealer is starting from. I guess this is one of those keep us in the dark things. In case you can't tell this upsets me some to hear this is happening. Not a happy camper
Old 10-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
I'd have to agree with Butch...if I were currently looking at buying an Excel, this decision would not make me a happy camper.

As I stated previously, this should not be an either/or deal...BOTH the dealer locator and the pricing should be available online.

Several years ago when we were looking at an SOB, we went to one dealer who had the original MSRP in the rig. We then went to another dealer and looked at the exact same model, down to the same options, same color. This second dealer had their own "MSRP" in the rig and the price was $10,000 more than the *real* MSRP...but they'd give you a real deal by lowering the price by $5,000!!! With MSRPs listed on the manufacturer's website, this kind of thing can't happen.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Butch50:
DeepDoc1,

Where are you finding the price calculator on the web page? I must be missing something. I don't see it listed anywhere other than on the site map and when i go there is tells me Page Not Found. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's odd. I clicked on the Dealer Locator link and it took me to the price calculator earlier. I just tried the same thing and it took me to the zip code entry. Looks like they're working on the site. Oh, well.

DeepDoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote