Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2009, 05:44 AM   #29

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by davydee View Post
I just ordered the repeater for the Hopkins. I've heard from a couple of people who are placing the repeaters in the bedroom behind the television, and it's working great. We'll see what happens.
David,
Ask your dealer what his customers are telling him is the best place. Our Pressure Pro dealer told us to put the repeater in the BACK. I mounted it on the very back wall in the kitchen cabinet and wired it to the sink light. Works very consistently. (Obviously we have a rear kitchen Excel)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #30

John, how did you mount it? I'm thinking "velcroing" it to one of the cabinet walls just to keep it from bouncing around.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #31

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by davydee View Post
John, how did you mount it? I'm thinking "velcroing" it to one of the cabinet walls just to keep it from bouncing around.
Velcro is exactly what I used. Still working well.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:44 AM   #32

Well, this was our first trip out with the repeater and it worked great. We installed it inside the cabinet behind the bedroom TV as that area already had a 12v plug and we could hide it real easy. Redwing1, I don't disagree with you that we didn't really need the repeater, but it sure was nice to travel down the road without the almost constant warning that it couldn't read a sensor. David
Old 09-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #33

We use Pressure Pro. No complaints with it, works well and keeps systems safe. There is a 12% hi/low safety margin. Each sensor costs $50 and the monitor was $200 or $300. If triple towing, check the reception to the monitor from the furthest sensor. Occasionally I get a red or not receiving message but it self corrects relatively quickly. On the motorhome it is great but would work with Excel or TT without an issue. Setup was easy and can be transferred to a new rig and reset. In the motorhome I have left it on at night only to be awakened at 4AM when the alarm goes off as the temps cool and air pressure drops. The system also seems to allow air pressure to decrease over time. On my toad it was a real problem till I washed the sensor and valve. I always check pressures prior to travel anyway but the system would tell me in any case. I strongly recommend any of these systems as one incident and it could cost far more than the system not to mention safety.
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
We've also mounted our Hopkins repeater in the front of the Excel behind the TV and made use of the installed 12v connection.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #35

Excel Owners Club
I need to relate a story about our Pressure Pro coming back from Creede, CO. We were in the middle of Colorado Springs and the alarm went off I looked over and saw a reading of 27 lbs. Seemed strange as we were towing our ATV trailer and I thought it might have went from 32 to 27.

Only when I looked at the blinking light to indicate which tire was low did I realize that my driver's rear truck tire went from 90 to 27.

I pulled over and got out and you could hear the air coming out. Called ERS and let them change the tire while Patty and I used the shade of the trailer to enjoy a soda.

If the tire had shredded it could have rip the crossover propane line on the trailer. Just paid for itself at that moment.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #36

That sounds like one of the best investments you could have made. I had a rapid decompression on my toad and it was Pressure Pro that got me pulled over before more extensive damage. Valuable tool.
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Phil, we had the left-front blowout on our Jeep toad in 2003. On our way to New Orleans and had just departed a rest area at o'dark thirty in a moderate rain. My rear view camera was useless with the rain and tire spray and the toad is totally hid by the MH. I had a buddy traveling with us in a gas MH and we noticed that we were having difficulty running with them. Whenever we went under an overpass, Marilyn would comment on a strange noise we were hearing -- sounding like grinding metal ! Pulled over and the left-front tire was gone!! We had been towing on three wheels for several miles . We had Progressive on both vehicles and they covered with no problems. Kinda spoiled our trip to the Gulf Coast that years.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #38

Pressure Pro works for us like a dream. Easy to install and it gives me very accurate tire pressure at any time.
My wife usually operates it; on our last trip to the Black Hills she noticed that one tire was loosing pressure, but very slowly - perhaps two to three psi per day. We stopped at the tire shop and asked to check the problem. Surely enough, one metal valve was bent during new tire installation and was slowly loosing air.

Funny thing happened when we went to the original tire shop for refund. They tried to convince us that it was our fault - that we run into a curb while parking and bent the metal stem. That was impossible, as the stems are well hidden within aluminum rims. Anyway, we got our money back - $13.50 or so.

Back to Pressure Pro. I remove sensors between trips, to save on batteries that are installed inside of the doughnuts. When these are gone, the sensors have to be sent back to the distributor for replacements. After over three years and 30,000 miles, the system works like a dream. Strongly recommended!
greg0rn is offline   Reply With Quote