Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Excel Usage
1.Live in my Excel Full Time. 21 61.76%
2.Snow Bird and use my Excel mainly for winter living. 3 8.82%
3.Use my Excel in good weather and winterize it. 9 26.47%
4.My Excel sits in the driveway and it is used occasionally 3 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #15

Excel Owners Club
If you call using it when it's 10* with snow flurries dumping 6"-8" of snow Snowbirding I qualify. I even winterize it a two or three times last year. Either a tuff ole bird or just mixed up and confused.

We used it a lot last year in all months of the year and never left Kansas during the winter.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #16

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
If you call using it when it's 10* with snow flurries dumping 6"-8" of snow Snowbirding I qualify. I even winterize it a two or three times last year. Either a tuff ole bird or just mixed up and confused.

We used it a lot last year in all months of the year and never left Kansas during the winter.
Ohhhhh could I comment on that!!! I'll just be nice!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #17

Excel Owners Club
We've been wintering in AZ and summering in AK for the past couple years. We meander up the west coast in spring and return to AZ via MI in the spring. We've been volunteer hosting on both ends (no campground host assignments).

Still havin' fun.
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #18

Travelin' full timer!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #19

Excel Owners Club
Our Excel is "parked on our property next to our S&B house and we take it out occasionally" as our vacation time from work permits. HOWEVER, we actually live in it full time! So I selected #1 (hope I don't get into trouble for misrepresenting my status). We've only slept in our house twice since taking delivery of our coach on 23 Jun. The only thing we still use the house for is to do laundry.

We are s-l-o-w-l-y making our way through all the JUNK in our house to see what comes with us, what goes to Goodwill, what we may be able to sell at a garage sale, etc. Depending on how all of that goes, and the state of the economy during the next few months, we hope to put the house on the market in the spring. We are trying to be patient, but it's really hard!
gdbontly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #20

We are weekenders and a summer vacation now, but our plans are to fulltime and workcamp in 2012.
ray/wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #21

Excel Owners Club
The real reason I started this was to actually see how many will vote. There are 122 members minus MM in the Excel owners group. I was wondering if there are some from the start of this forum that don't own an Excel anymore. Maybe if we all went through the membership list we could get it updated. Rockin, one that I remember was Roger Watts , I seen his for sale sign and he hasn't posted in a long time. Is he still an Excel owner? I am positive there are more that are on the list as members and no longer are owners. Maybe if we all worked on this some we could get a Mod to clean it up. I can not see who voted but I am almost positive a Mod can and that will help with the ones that vote and don't leave a post. Thanks BookII
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #22

Excel Owners Club
travel to Mich. from SD and spend about 2 1/2 months in Tx for winter
Hermandutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookIIRoadtrash View Post
The real reason I started this was to actually see how many will vote. There are 122 members minus MM in the Excel owners group. I was wondering if there are some from the start of this forum that don't own an Excel anymore. Maybe if we all went through the membership list we could get it updated. Rockin, one that I remember was Roger Watts , I seen his for sale sign and he hasn't posted in a long time. Is he still an Excel owner? I am positive there are more that are on the list as members and no longer are owners. Maybe if we all worked on this some we could get a Mod to clean it up. I can not see who voted but I am almost positive a Mod can and that will help with the ones that vote and don't leave a post. Thanks BookII
Setting aside that this thread is (Book, you came in under a false guise in an attempt to ferret out the truth by way of the back door), I wonder why so few Excel owners are members of this forum. Seriously, we're at The Service Center along with two other owner/couples and I've gone to this forum at least a half dozen times today to help answer some of these guys questions about their units. Yet neither one shows an interest in getting on line here although they are both computer/internet literate. I've had this happen too many times before. What's the deal?

Maybe if I could somehow just give them a glimpse of the Rocky and Company show...................... (Or is it Rocky and Bullwinkle? Will the real Bullwinkle please stand up?)

Jim
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #24

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Ohhhhh could I comment on that!!! I'll just be nice!!
Since when!!!
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #25

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I sent Roger Watts an email some time back and he reply he had sold his Excel due to health issues....no details. So you can scratch him off. Another person was "2 Goldens". She reply to me in an email that she sold her Excel and gave up FTing. If I think of more I'll get back with you. Playing with GD now that we are here in Ukiah for a couple of weeks. The kids have a new hot tub and pool too!!! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 10-11-2010, 10:09 PM   #26

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Here's a few more to update:

*clspds - Paul and Cheryl - sold Excel
*crazysnail -I saw two months ago only made one post cause I made them!!! still have rig
*D and J - Doug and Jutta have had a Grand Teton for sometime pulls with a Volvo HDT
*headinsouth - Daryl sold his rotted out rig....I think....
*highgturn - Bob retired and is farming....still has rig but no posts
*M&S Norrell - Mike and Sue just doesn't post anymore. I think they still have rig in Houston area
*ottohiker - Dan and Amber live close to SC.....I believe they still have Excel - likes to lurk!!
*Travelor - I heard Bill and Carol sold their rig
*Wild Kargo - Chris and Helen have their unit up for sale
*wrongway - Iowa Dealer that hasn't been on for a good while. Good guy!

Sometimes I amaze my own self.... it's no wonder I have a SKIA reputation!!! If I don't have the answer.....I'll just make one up!!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 AM   #27

Excel Owners Club
I am a "new to me" Excel owner. It is a 2000 ROL30. We bought it from a retired couple about 6 weeks ago who kept it stored inside. If you didn't know the year you would think it is only a couple of years old. We have been out with it only 2 times so far. We do mostly boondocking in the Rocky Mountains. I will be takeing it up to the high country in about a week for hunting season. 10 days of dry camping. I am glad it is rated to -10 as my old Thor camper used to get hard water (frozen lines) on some of those cold nights. Here are a couple of pictures of our 1st outing (click on thumbnails for a larger picture).

wkayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #28

Excel Owners Club
We're full timing in our Excel, and have just completed our 3rd year on the road. We move around a lot, and have probably only stayed in one spot for 6 weeks max, a few times during that period.

We intend to sit still a little longer this winter, to try and save a few bucks for an Alaska adventure next spring and summer. However, we're both a little apprehensive about how that sitting still is going to go---as "hitch up" fever always seems to accelerate after about a month.

We just need to see whats around the next bend by then.
bigmichael is offline   Reply With Quote