Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Excel Usage
1.Live in my Excel Full Time. 21 61.76%
2.Snow Bird and use my Excel mainly for winter living. 3 8.82%
3.Use my Excel in good weather and winterize it. 9 26.47%
4.My Excel sits in the driveway and it is used occasionally 3 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Excel Usage

I am still working but live in my Excel full time as I work in various parts of the country. I am just wondering where everyone fits into the scheme of the poll. Please only Excel owners vote.
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
B2, I think it'd be fun to see it broke down even futher. Regarding FTers, do you live in your Excel parked permanently (like in a permanent trailer park)? Or do you move around the country every so often as a FTer?

I think it's really hard to get a good reading of FTing without clarifying the info above. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
B2, I think it'd be fun to see it broke down even futher. Regarding FTers, do you live in your Excel parked permanently (like in a permanent trailer park)? Or do you move around the country every so often as a FTer?

I think it's really hard to get a good reading of FTing without clarifying the info above. rockin'

Rockin, I was only allowed four choices and I had to have number four so Workshop could vote.....but I am hoping everyone that votes leaves a post so maybe we can decipher what you are wanting to know...
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Workhorse....who cares what that rat does??? Just teasin' work!! You are a very important part of the SKIA team!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 10-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
There are so many variations ... we usually park for 3 - 6 months in a location while we are workamping, then move around for a few weeks until the next 3 - 6 months session and so on. What I'd like to change is to go back to the high pay contracting I used to do instead of this minimum wage workamping stuff. Then we would do more travel between sessions or even take an occasional season off!

Dave
Sunshine Key, FL
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
I think it is more accurate to say that RockheadTommie is of minor import on the Workhorse Team!
We fulltime in our Excel and move around the country.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinSmoke View Post
I think it is more accurate to say that RockheadTommie is of minor import on the Workhorse Team!
We fulltime in our Excel and move around the country.
Virg....is that like "fine" imported wine??? Such class you have! rockin'
Old 10-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
B2......you sure now how to rattle our cages....don't you? It don't take much!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KU9L View Post
There are so many variations ... we usually park for 3 - 6 months in a location while we are workamping, then move around for a few weeks until the next 3 - 6 months session and so on. What I'd like to change is to go back to the high pay contracting I used to do instead of this minimum wage workamping stuff. Then we would do more travel between sessions or even take an occasional season off!

Dave
Sunshine Key, FL
Oh come on Dave......YOU GET AROUND!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
It would be great to pause to smell the roses between work sessions ... isn't that the point, eh?
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KU9L View Post
It would be great to pause to smell the roses between work sessions ... isn't that the point, eh?
You got it right, buddy!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookIIRoadtrash View Post
Rockin, I was only allowed four choices and I had to have number four so Workshop could vote.....but I am hoping everyone that votes leaves a post so maybe we can decipher what you are wanting to know...
Thanks B2...

Well I voted as a Full Timer so I wouldn't feel so bad about having something I tinker and work on more than I use. Just kidding.....

With the winter we had this year, the major wall/header repair and after projects, the job and extended family issues....the Beast has been 'out from under the cover' twice this year so far with a trip hopefully by the end of the year. We have spent several nites 'camped in the back yard' if that counts.

Rockin'....glad to be an important part of the SKIA team!!

workhorse
Old 10-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshop View Post
Thanks B2...

We have spent several nites 'camped in the back yard' if that counts.

workhorse
We have great Exceling friends that live across the road from a very nice RV park. When Gary and Pat can't get away to go camping or wintering in a normal fashion, due to taking care of his elderly Mom....sometimes they hitch up and run to the park across the road. And as he says, "Tom, it's like being a world away". It's all a matter of attitude. Bless you guys for taking care of your Mom so well.

So work....I understand completely!! rockin'
Old 10-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #14

Well up to a month ago we were fulltiming in our Excel. Now we also have a home in Topeka but will be in our Excel all winter in Yuma Az. and maybe the summer if we go back to camp hosting in Topeka area