Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2009, 05:58 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Faye***Gordonia-Altamaha State Park

Sure hope you find this.

I grew up in this area about 30 minutes from the State Prison. My experience is that escapes are so rare that no one ever even thinks about the prison being here. Reidsville, is a very poor, rural town in South Georiga. If you don't hunt, fish or enjoy high school football, the golf course, located on the State Park property is about the only entertainment. This park has 3 full hook up sites, from which our satellite receiver on the roof will not work because of the trees. We chose a water and electric site for it's openness.

The workamper camp host job here would be a real winner as there are only 23 sites, one FHU workamper site and two FHU golf host sites.

Ask away if you have further questions.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
Sounds like a more relaxing pace than the 500 site resorts we have been workamping at!!! It might be more difficult to mooch tasty refreshments off the rich snowbirds though, LOL!

-Dave
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KU9L View Post
Sounds like a more relaxing pace than the 500 site resorts we have been workamping at!!! It might be more difficult to mooch tasty refreshments off the rich snowbirds though, LOL!

-Dave
Dave,
The workamper pace here would be so laid back, you could work it while comatose.

Athought the current workamper is a very spry 78 and he loves the Kawisaka Mule they provide him.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KU9L View Post

-Dave
Yah but ya might get tipped with White Lightning

BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
Indeed!
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinSmoke View Post
We chose a water and electric site for it's openness.
Or are you moving towards dry camping to get ready for next year.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGodby View Post
Or are you moving towards dry camping to get ready for next year.
Ain't no way. Camping with just water and electric is awful. I have to shower over in the shower house. Terrible! I don't live in an Excel to skimp on power and water! I'll take the KOA 4 miles down the road from you guys up there in the woods.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Ain't no way. Camping with just water and electric is awful. I have to shower over in the shower house. Terrible! I don't live in an Excel to skimp on power and water! I'll take the KOA 4 miles down the road from you guys up there in the woods.
How long are you staying there? Seems like quick showers could get you going for a week with dumping. Do what we did for Family Reunion, put a Rubbermaid tote in the shower and use that water for the toilet. Almost doubles your capacity.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

I have camped with the wife and 2 kids for 10 days without sewer hookup or the need to dump until the end of that time.
I rarely have full hookup camping where I camp. most of the time it is only water and electric and sometimes it is the water I have on board and marginal electric. There is even one place I camp in Ontario that I can't even dump until I get near home. There have been a couple of times I was ready to claim a gray water leak if anyone asked. But with effort it can be done.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:19 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGodby View Post
How long are you staying there? Seems like quick showers could get you going for a week with dumping. Do what we did for Family Reunion, put a Rubbermaid tote in the shower and use that water for the toilet. Almost doubles your capacity.
Why would I want to go to all that trouble when I can just move up the road a few miles and find a full hookup campsite. I think my graywater tank is the same size as somebody's bladder.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:07 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Why would I want to go to all that trouble when I can just move up the road a few miles and find a full hookup campsite. I think my graywater tank is the same size as somebody's bladder.

Could not resist. Have a good day.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post

Could not resist. Have a good day.
It's my other brother Larry! Are you going to give us an update on the HDT Rally? Should be in full swing today, huh? I heard you were flying RockheadTommie in to give a seminar on LGT's!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:21 AM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
It's my other brother Larry! Are you going to give us an update on the HDT Rally? Should be in full swing today, huh? I heard you were flying RockheadTommie in to give a seminar on LGT's!
I'm afraid once a year visitation would be enough for Still......he's up there in the "new" rig catagory with his nose high in the air!!! rockybaby
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #14

Excel Owners Club
The good thing is SKIA is not coming as he would fit in with this group. LGT, no class, low life, doesn't drink fine wine, etc.

As for the rally, 28 rig, with 16 newbies/wannabies Had great morning with computer security, and Pressure Pro/ Power Tank presentations. Goodyear presentation this afternoon, data backup this afternoon. Truck maintance in the morning. Bryan is coming in tommorow for the Excel presentation, I gotta push the Excel line. I have not taken many pitures yet so I'll do some later.

See you all later. Back to work.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote