Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2016, 07:34 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Fifth Wheel & Travel Trailer Departure Checklist

No matter how long we've been RVing. Regardless of whether we are rookies, or seasoned veterans, we have all experienced that "OH SHOOT!" moment when we realize that we forgot to lower the TV antenna, stow the steps, or close the windows or vents before departing our favorite campsite.

Worse yet, I remember the mess of raw eggs and orange juice all over the floor after forgetting to latch the refrigerator! I'm sure you're smiling right now thinking of your own "OH SHOOT!" moment.

Let's face it, RVs are very complex vehicles and even the most avid RVers need a checklist to remember to dot every "I" and cross every "T" in order to enjoy successful journeys and create positive memories.

Over the years I have created, updated, modified, and tweaked numerous checklists to make my RV adventures less stressful and more pleasant.

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
JDT

Thanks, Bryan. I'll print this and give to my wife. She has a list she created on her iPhone. Admittedly, she gets a lot of yes dear's when she starts going through it because how could I ever forget anything, with the exception of closing the auto level door, folding in the step handle, extending my truck mirrors, latching the closet doors, locking the storage doors, turning off the powered antenna, locking the wheels on the portable island, well, you get the picture.
JDT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:41 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Thanks Bryan, nice list, I sent you an email with some potential updates to consider. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel, travel trailer