Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #1
JDT

Foggy Windows

Several of our dual pane Hehr windows are starting to fog. I found an old post where someone had them resealed. Does anyone know if that is a fix best left to the pro's or can it be done by an amateur like me? I haven't priced new window replacements but I bet resealing is a whole lot cheaper.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2019, 12:25 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
If you have decent DIY skills, then you can do it. Check out https://www.daverootrvglassrepair.com.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Don’t know where you are,; RV Fog Dr. In Searcy AR are the best! And if you prefer, you can remove the windows yourself, and take them to them. Doing the installation and removal yourself.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:10 AM   #4
JDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
Don’t know where you are,; RV Fog Dr. In Searcy AR are the best! And if you prefer, you can remove the windows yourself, and take them to them. Doing the installation and removal yourself.
MapQuest shows I am 244 miles from Searcy. We live in NE Oklahoma. Removing the windows and taking them to them would be an option as we have a fully enclosed rv garage. I would not have to worry about weather with the windows out. We are on a trip now and I will call them when we get home.

Not all the windows are failing but I would assume they will. We have been toying with the idea of getting a bit smaller fifth wheel but haven't found anything to our liking yet. I do think it would be best to have everything in good shape if we do find something and decide to sell our Winslow. Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Fog Dr will only work on framed windows. If yo have the frameless or flush mounted windows, you will need to go to Sun Coast Designers near Tampa, FL.

We just has Sun Coast repair four of our frameless windows for a cost of about $2100. It is a lot of work to properly repair the windows.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:00 AM   #6
JDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
RV Fog Dr will only work on framed windows. If yo have the frameless or flush mounted windows, you will need to go to Sun Coast Designers near Tampa, FL.

We just has Sun Coast repair four of our frameless windows for a cost of about $2100. It is a lot of work to properly repair the windows.

Ken
That is not good news. We do have the frameless windows. Florida is not on our travel list. I wonder if Hehr is still in business. If it is probably owned by Lippert. I will have Google that and call them to see if they have any suggestions.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:48 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Your heater core probably has a small leak.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:08 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
That is not good news. We do have the frameless windows. Florida is not on our travel list. I wonder if Hehr is still in business. If it is probably owned by Lippert. I will have Google that and call them to see if they have any suggestions.
Hehr is an old window company that makes many kinds of windows. Our S&B has Hehr windows.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind, window