Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Full body paint

Hello. I am thinking of ordering a new Wild cargo and am undecided on the full paint. Does anyone have experience with it and will it make the interior temperature hotter in the summer. I know it looks nicer but are there any other advantages as it is pretty pricey
Thanks Curt
Sdharleyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
I have full body paint. Mine is not dark. Light beige and gold with navy swooshes. I live in Texas. Two AC's keep it cool on the hottest days. Paint is much easier to keep clean. What few black streaks wipe off easily. Mine is 2 years old and looks like new. Downside is the co$t.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405553599012.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	68086  

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #3
Community Administrator

My first MH was gel coat. My DW said she would grab the check book out my hand if I bought another one without FBP. You'll love it.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #4

Yes, well worth the extra cost. Stickers were never a good idea.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
I have full body paint. Mine is not dark. Light beige and gold with navy swooshes. I live in Texas. Two AC's keep it cool on the hottest days. Paint is much easier to keep clean. What few black streaks wipe off easily. Mine is 2 years old and looks like new. Downside is the co$t.
Like Doc says....just have to get past the payment part and all is good.

I would love to have it but can't afford such a thing as we are recycling bottle and cans to make ends meet in retirement!

I'm framing this photo cause I've never seen Doc parking at a site with HUs and SEWER!!! OMG! I'd sure like the story behind this one. Ha. I believe someone is Photoshopping their pix!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I believe you would be much happier with it. Go for it. JMHO
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:43 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Tom, it was resort glamping at Lake Tawakoni State Park Texas.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 07-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
Tom, it was resort glamping at Lake Tawakoni State Park Texas.
Darn, that musta wore you out....all the hookin' up all those things and all!!!! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 07-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
Yes, well worth the extra cost. Stickers were never a good idea.

is right and giving what type of stickers are used ..the out door 4 year or 7 years type then in 8 your pulling them off and wishing you had the full body paint

sad but they cut cost as much as they can now so most of the time you wind up with the out door 4 year
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #10
JDT

We had fbp on our motorhome and it was easy to keep clean. The only problem we had was one section on a slide started cracking before we sold it and not sure why. I would love to have it on the Winslow but cost held us back. I will say that the fiberglass that PI uses is very good and easy to maintain. Ours lives inside when not on the road so that could be a factor.

Russell, I did not realize yours was fbp. I thought it was partial for some reason. Maybe because that was available at the time we bought ours. Looks good.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #11

Excel Owners Club
I think Doc's is a partial.....IIRC it's a partial with BCCC on the entire coach. Of course not on the roof cause it's an EL Winslow!!!! Opps, there I go again. Sometimes I just can't pass up a good one! Doc.....please forgive me! rockin'
Old 07-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
....Russell, I did not realize yours was fbp. I thought it was partial for some reason. Maybe because that was available at the time we bought ours. Looks good.
Peterson Industries changed to full body paint on all Excels (including EL Winslows) a few months before I ordered mine. Partial body was still listed in the brochure for Winslows for 2013.

I preferred the lighter full body paint offered on the Winslows. The Limiteds were much darker. Living in Texas I was concerned about heat absorption from the sun with dark paint. I chose the rubber roofed Winslow with light paint over the fiberglass roofed Limited with dark paint. I do not regret my decision.

Another mid year 2013 change was taller living area slides. I was fortunate mine was ordered after that change as well.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 07-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Doc,

I agree with you on the lighter colored FBP. The darker colors are more striking...but long term and reasons you mention...that would be my choice. I'm the clown who has to keep the silly thing clean too. I've always had an affinity to clean, light, bright and simple.....just like my mind!!! rockin'
Old 07-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Tom, some may feel the dark paint schemes are more striking. I'm more practical and subdued. Unlike some "rockin" people.....

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD

Tags
paint