Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I was just inside my storage compartment and noticed that there are 3 holes (approx. 4-5" dia) on the back side of the furnace. Two of these have duct attached to them, but the third one is wide open to the storage compartment. Is this normal or did a duct fall off somewhere? Can't find any spare duct needing a connection though.

Sue
2007 35MKE Ltd.
2008 F-450
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I was just inside my storage compartment and noticed that there are 3 holes (approx. 4-5" dia) on the back side of the furnace. Two of these have duct attached to them, but the third one is wide open to the storage compartment. Is this normal or did a duct fall off somewhere? Can't find any spare duct needing a connection though.

Sue
2007 35MKE Ltd.
2008 F-450
Old 10-06-2007, 10:10 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I haven't taken a look at our furnace, but my guess would be that the hole without a duct attached to it is used to heat the basement.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Sue and Mike,
My O5 FLR has 3 ducts out the rear of the furnace plunum (viewed from basement)and 1 coming out the front (viewed from stair vent). All have approx. 4" flexible hoses connected to them. I do see more "knock out" outlets that are intact to the furnace plunum. My basement has a small vent outlet in the top of the basement coming from a floor runner. Me thinks you "may" be missing a duct somewhere??? Anyone else got some thoughts on this? Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #5

M&S, I took a look at our 30'RSO with the two stage furnace and I have no open holes off of furnace all are connected to grey round flexible tubing. I have three grey flex tubes connected to back of furnace box and one more connected to the side of box. I could not really tell where they all go to as the basement is to full yet though plan to empty it soon for winterizing and will trace them then just for my own couriosities. I guess for yours I would call PI and check as that does not seem right to me and I would think a total open hole directly off of furnace like that would take away from air flow to rest of coach IMO. Please post what you learn.

2007 Excel, 30RSO, Demco Glide Ride, B&W Companion.
Max1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Thank you guys/gals for looking. I went back and found a stray duct on the opposite side of our rig. It comes directly from the wall in our kitchen. On the kitchen side, it has a round louver. I am wondering if this is it; although I'm not familiar with a side wall grill for the heater. Thought they all came up from the floor. Maybe a MKE or MKO owner could take a look?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:27 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
M&S,
Our MKO has the wall grill at the entry door, with a round louver.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:38 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
M&S
My 04 33RSE has a duct to the round louver as you describe. I believe that is what is to be connected to the open knock out on your furnace. My furnace has no open knock outs. There should be a metal piece that connects to the furnace and slides into the duct unless things have changed since 04.

04 Excel 33RSE
clspds is offline   Reply With Quote