Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good thing I'm already headed to SC!

Because my big slide just quit! The motor runs but the output shaft is not turning. Either sheered a pin in the grear box or stripped out the internal gears..add that to my list Ralph B. I'm gonna get in a day early hopefully they can get me in!
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Like Vaughn says "Oh Lord, it's always something....what's next?"! Sounds like an easy fix. I hope anyway. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:03 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Yea I think its the gear pin. The motor isn't ratcheting, its spinning with no output
Old 08-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
We will arrive at Smith Center the afternoon of 8/20. We plan to depart 8/23. Anyone else be there during that time?

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
We will arrive at Smith Center the afternoon of 8/20. We plan to depart 8/23. Anyone else be there during that time?
If they were....now they're changing there appt. date!!!

Nobody like hanging around SKIAs like me and you Doc!!! Just funnin' ya!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 08-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
I was hoping for that so I could get a prime bay.......

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 08-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I was hoping for that so I could get a prime bay.......
Boy oh boy, you are a slick one!!!! You just wanna be by Ralph's office so you can keep an eye on that rat scallion!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Were are you headed after that? I'll be at Lake Scott State Park that weekend working at the Beach House. This is the #23 State Park in the nation out of 7,500 according to Active Times. We don't allow rife rafe like ole rockin in the park.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
We don't allow rife rafe like ole rockin in the park.
This reminds me of my real rockin' days. Back in 1975 I brought fresh '76 Eldorado to have on my rockin' weekends. Working as a auto mechanic (technician today) it turned a few heads, which proves I needed lots of attention, even back in the day. As many my know I haven't always been the Saint I am today!

BTW still, it's time you work on yourn spelling!! but thanks for the compliment anyway!

Click on the pix to make larger.....check out the Firemist paint, plaid seats and Vogue tires....Yo-Yo dude....I be stylin'

Are we OT again?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rif Raf Knitting Bump Sticker 001 (Copy).JPG
Views:	79
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	70530   Click image for larger version

Name:	75 eldorado.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	70531  

Old 08-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
Were are you headed after that? I'll be at Lake Scott State Park that weekend working at the Beach House. This is the #23 State Park in the nation out of 7,500 according to Active Times. We don't allow rife rafe like ole rockin in the park.
We will head north from Smith Center. Will overnight somewhere in Nebraska 8/23. Then plan to stop at the Badlands for a day or two and then over to the Black Hills. No reservations. Usually not a problem, except for weekends. Might stay at Rafter J Bar Ranch, but am open to suggestions. We plan to visit &/or stay at or near Custer SP and visit Wind Cave before meandering back to Texas.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 08-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
This reminds me of my real rockin' days. Back in 1975 I brought fresh '76 Eldorado to have on my rockin' weekends....
I bought a used '76 Eldorado convertible in 1987. Owned it for about 10 years. Fun to drive, but something always needed work (carburetor, rear brake calipers, etc., etc.). I did not have time for it with small kids so I sold it to a buddy that did a complete restoration.

If I can find a picture, I'll scan and post.

Mine was Firemist Blue metallic with white interior and top.

Looked like the one in this link:
1976 Eldorado Cadillac history

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 08-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I bought a used '76 Eldorado convertible in 1987. Owned it for about 10 years. Fun to drive, but something always needed work (carburetor, rear brake calipers, etc., etc.). I did not have time for it with small kids so I sold it to a buddy that did a complete restoration.

If I can find a picture, I'll scan and post.

Mine was Firemist Blue metallic with white interior and top.

Looked like the one in this link:
1976 Eldorado Cadillac history
That's a nice ol' piece, Doc. I sold mine in 24 months and it only had 9,000 miles. Stayed garaged most of the time as I was afraid of damaging it!!!!!Funny thing is I sold it to a dentist in SA!!! I took quite a hicky on it but felt sinking money in a home was a bit better investment. Tripled my investment in the home in 8 years, so guess I was right on that deal. It was a passage of life I won't forget soon. rockin'
Old 08-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Update. Slide fixed. It was a stripped plastic gear on the motor. New but not better Lippert motor installed. I will order new gears and fix the old one and keep as a spare. Its pretty simple to change out the motor. Tomorrow they will look at and hopefully adjust the slide so that its not pushing on the wall so hard that the interior wall is pulling away from the cabinet and counter top. This is probably why the gear stripped.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #14

Quote:
We will head north from Smith Center. Will overnight somewhere in Nebraska 8/23. Then plan to stop at the Badlands for a day or two and then over to the Black Hills. No reservations. Usually not a problem, except for weekends. Might stay at Rafter J Bar Ranch, but am open to suggestions. We plan to visit &/or stay at or near Custer SP and visit Wind Cave before meandering back to Texas.
Russell...Beaver Lake Campground is nice in Custer they have Cable,good verizon service,wifi and the owner Max is a good guy.