Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
We need to energize our forum and I'm open for all suggestions. We have over 80 members and only a small percentage participate?

As an aside, we arrived in Smith Center this afternoon--it's been a rainy day!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We need to energize our forum and I'm open for all suggestions. We have over 80 members and only a small percentage participate?

As an aside, we arrived in Smith Center this afternoon--it's been a rainy day!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:50 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Sorry that you have had rain, but we sure can use a little here in the mid-west. Send some our way Chief...... A few inches would be nice. Enjoy your trip.....
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
Just got back to our place in Colorado and it is green as it can be, no sign of drought here this year. It rains almost every day here at 8,000 feet. We'd be Boondocking in 100 places around this part of the state if the real-estate market ever lets us sell our cabin.

We saw a couple of Excel's on I-40 between Phoenix and Santa Fe on Saturday ... they go by too fast to try to figure out the model # and what also truck is pulling it.

Dave
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChiefJohn:

As an aside, we arrived in Smith Center this afternoon--it's been a rainy day! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did this poor participation issue start when I came on board?(or is it bored!)

You gotta admit I give my thoughts often enough!

Maybe offer a "happy hour" chat group!

Just letting you know I'm out here, Chief!!!

Say hi to Bryan, Jack, Donna, and the whole gang for me. Good luck on getting your rig all freshened up. Let us know how it goes.

We are in Lake George, NY now and it is beautiful here. 73* and darn nice. The sites get a bit tight for our big ol' rigs. So this is why they make 'em smaller. Enough for now! Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Tom,

Our own '08 35FLR arrived at the dealer's lot this AM. According to her, "It's beautiful inside." My dear wife picked the wood and fabrics (mostly new ones for '08) and I took care of suspension, etc. Best of all, I get to write the checks!!!

We'll make the trip to pick up our baby next week. I am encouraged that our dealer stressed that we need to plan on spending "at least one full day" on the PDI. Sounds like a responsible plan to me.

As to traffic on this forum, I imagine that I'll have plenty of "dumb questions" for the first few months.

Later&lt;
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks folks -- rockintom (Tom) and others that visit/post frequently are what's keeping us afloat. However, hearing from "new" posters would provide us all with new ideas and Excel related issues.

**** Pets, are no longer welcome in the Customer Waiting Lounge at the Excel Service Center. Jack was telling me that a few customers did not clean-up or control their pets and this was causing problems for other customers. There is a place to board your pets a short distance from the Service Center.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim & Bona:
Tom,

Our own '08 35FLR arrived at the dealer's lot this AM. According to her, "It's beautiful inside." My dear wife picked the wood and fabrics (mostly new ones for '08) and I took care of suspension, etc. Best of all, I get to write the checks!!!

We'll make the trip to pick up our baby next week. I am encouraged that our dealer stressed that we need to plan on spending "at least one full day" on the PDI. Sounds like a responsible plan to me.

As to traffic on this forum, I imagine that I'll have plenty of "dumb questions" for the first few months.

Later&lt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG, do I feel the excitement in your words! I am so jealous.....our "old 05 FLR" doesn't feel that old. Only a little over 2 years physically....but 3 model years! We need pix when you can. What color interior, ect?
I am here for you on the FLR things...for sure. I wished I had someone to go to with "dumb questions" in the early days. We went FT right of the bat and had to learn mainly on our own. You have my email address and we can talk on the phone if you like. I've got the time and like to assist whenever I can. Especially if it may get me a free drink down the road!!

Let's hear from ya!

Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 06-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">**** Pets, are no longer welcome in the Customer Waiting Lounge at the Excel Service Center. Jack was telling me that a few customers did not clean-up or control their pets and this was causing problems for other customers. There is a place to board your pets a short distance from the Service Center. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well he**, looks like I'll be waiting in the Tug, as my bride thinks I'm her pet!
Or maybe she'll put me in the kennel your talking about. Do they give senior discounts?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #10

I just added a new topic on a couple of new models coming out. Hope this helps to generate some participation.

Bill
Dutch_man39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:55 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChiefJohn:
Thanks folks -- rockintom (Tom) and others that visit/post frequently are what's keeping us afloat. However, hearing from "new" posters would provide us all with new ideas and Excel related issues.

**** Pets, are no longer welcome in the Customer Waiting Lounge at the Excel Service Center. Jack was telling me that a few customers did not clean-up or control their pets and this was causing problems for other customers. There is a place to board your pets a short distance from the Service Center. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John,

Too bad about the no pet rule. When we were up there last summer there was a guy there having his coach worked on who had two adorable little Schnauzers. Tell the gang Sharon and I send our regards.

Bangs, Texas
Highgturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:06 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">**** Pets, are no longer welcome in the Customer Waiting Lounge at the Excel Service Center. Jack was telling me that a few customers did not clean-up or control their pets and this was causing problems for other customers. There is a place to board your pets a short distance from the Service Center. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SO when we arrive on August 28 for our appt, we need to leave the premises with them till the rig is done ? Not a problem unless the repairs need to take more than one day and we all (2 people and 2 pooches) need to sleep in our "house" while we are there for service.
Lindaxtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Lindaxtwo,
Unfortunately, as in other aspects of our society, a few complainers and self-centered folks drive the train for the majority. The lady that runs the local grooming/boarding business is really nice and is taking great care of our girls. She charges $15 a day for each boarder (8AM - 4PM) and takes them outside in a dog run for exercise. Only two blocks from the Service Center.

If the repairs allow, they bring the coaches out at quitting time and you can stay inside your home till 7AM the next morning.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
Our Beagle hated to be boarded, it took him 3 days to get his bark back and to start eating again without getting sick from eating too fast. When we did get a hotel room with him, he quickly learned that sometimes a knock on the door meant it was the pizza man!!!!

Dave
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote