Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
Hello from Missouri

Well I hope this is the one. I am trading in my 2010 Heartland Bighorn for a 2012 Excel Winslow 34RKM. The Bighorn was ok but I thought it would be better insulated. They say excel is for the full timer so we will see. I just signed up and looking forward to a lot of good information.
__________________

__________________
Slowmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
rockintom's Avatar
 
Excel Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fulltime TX Escapee
Posts: 8,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowmo View Post
Well I hope this is the one. I am trading in my 2010 Heartland Bighorn for a 2012 Excel Winslow 34RKM. The Bighorn was ok but I thought it would be better insulated. They say excel is for the full timer so we will see. I just signed up and looking forward to a lot of good information.
Welcome slowmo to our little world!!! I think you really like the Winslow. Come in and post often an have some fun with us!! rockin'
__________________

__________________
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom

Welcome slowmo to our little world!!! I think you really like the Winslow. Come in and post often an have some fun with us!! rockin'
Where did you get your excel? I got mine from Campbell Ford in Ozark Mo.
__________________
2010 36GKM 2010 350DRW Crew Cab Fulltime sense 01 Army Retired
ARRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARRET View Post
Where did you get your excel? I got mine from Campbell Ford in Ozark Mo.
Missouri state fair had a Excel on display. Bryan Tillett, the president of Excel, was there and said that Loveall RV in Columbia will now be carring the Excel line.
__________________
Slowmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowmo

Missouri state fair had a Excel on display. Bryan Tillett, the president of Excel, was there and said that Loveall RV in Columbia will now be carring the Excel line.
I bought a class A from them back in 96. They were good to deal with back then. I think you will like your Excel we really Iike ours and we are full time. We had a hitchhiker 07 we traded for the Excel and have found the Excel a lot better in the cold and hot. Ever though ours is a 10 and Excel was having some quality problems during that time we have had real good service from ours and if we had a problem they took care of it. Enjoy and happy travels.
__________________
2010 36GKM 2010 350DRW Crew Cab Fulltime sense 01 Army Retired
ARRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
Frameless Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowmo View Post
Well I hope this is the one. I am trading in my 2010 Heartland Bighorn for a 2012 Excel Winslow 34RKM. The Bighorn was ok but I thought it would be better insulated. They say excel is for the full timer so we will see. I just signed up and looking forward to a lot of good information.
Has anyone had any problems with the frameless windows?
__________________
Slowmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
rockintom's Avatar
 
Excel Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fulltime TX Escapee
Posts: 8,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowmo View Post
Has anyone had any problems with the frameless windows?
No....Bryan told me a few years ago they weren't using the HEHR until they get all the bugs out of it....so far so good. They do use a black butyl tape for installation on both the framed (they are black to match the graphics) and frameless both. The butyl runs out beyond the frame on to he white gelcoat and is messy especially on hot days. When the slide seal contacts it (on opening and closing) it makes a bit of a mess. I simply used a plastic hockey stick to clean of the excess butyl and cleaned up both seal wiper and gelcoat with mineral spirits and finished up with rubbing alcohol. Then finally used Protectant 303 on the seal wiper. rockin'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Charm cleaning the butyle tape from around windows 001 [800x600].jpg
Views:	39
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	13466   Click image for larger version

Name:	Charm cleaning the butyle tape from around windows 002 [800x600].jpg
Views:	38
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	13467  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear RS Slide.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	13468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Charm cleaning the butyle tape from around windows 006 [800x600].jpg
Views:	46
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	13469  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Another Close up BR Slide.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	13470  
__________________
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
gdbontly's Avatar
 
Excel Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Apache Junction, AZ
Posts: 249
We've lived fulltime in ours for over a year now; no regrets on purchasing an Excel! Experienced 17 below zero this past winter--no problem!

Our son is interested in a used 5th wheel. We visited CW last weekend and looked at several models (there was an 07 Excel on their lot at the time). With temps near 100 here, all were like ovens when we went inside, EXCEPT FOR THE EXCEL!
__________________
Glenn & Jan
2011 Excel 33RSE Limited
2011 Dodge 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears
gdbontly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
Frameless window

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
No....Bryan told me a few years ago they weren't using the HEHR until they get all the bugs out of it....so far so good. They do use a black butyl tape for installation on both the framed (they are black to match the graphics) and frameless both. The butyl runs out beyond the frame on to he white gelcoat and is messy especially on hot days. When the slide seal contacts it (on opening and closing) it makes a bit of a mess. I simply used a plastic hockey stick to clean of the excess butyl and cleaned up both seal wiper and gelcoat with mineral spirits and finished up with rubbing alcohol. Then finally used Protectant 303 on the seal wiper. rockin'
Bryan told me that excel will be going with the frameless windows. They still had some frame ones in stock to use up.
__________________

__________________
Slowmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
heartland



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any suggestions for RV'ing through Missouri jimzz2001 Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 3 08-02-2011 06:37 PM
How's I-29 near the Missouri River? K-Star Navigation, Routes & Roads 3 06-17-2011 02:29 PM
Hello from SW Missouri MoBlue New Member Check-In 5 08-09-2010 09:47 AM
Campvention 2009, Sedalia Missouri FC Ontario Family Camping RV (FCRV) 10 07-25-2009 02:03 PM
RE Route 71 in Missouri conmart371 Navigation, Routes & Roads 5 06-15-2007 03:03 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.