RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:13 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hi Joe! I would like to welcome you to the Excel forum. I would like to put a couple of things out there - it might help clarify things a bit.

You (and all the members here) need to do something for me in order for this to work. I guess it is a huge favor...I would love to see some interaction here between you and the Excel members/owners -BUT I need for you to take off the rose-colored glasses and the cheer-leading outfit when you are posting here.

You are going to find some members here that have had some problems - or are having problems now -yet it seems you are coming in here with the air that nothing is wrong. This attitude will automatically put those members on the defensive because they do have problems. You will also have members who have no problem at all- let these members be the Excel cheerleaders.

You should come here with an open mind -ask questions and listen to the answers. You may find the interaction on both ends much less confrontational than it has been in the last 36 hours....
Thank You
MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2010, 01:23 AM   #16

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel Worker View Post
On the screw subject though. Just to clarify. When you mean not alligned, you mean " x+ " instead of "++" or "XX" right?
Yes, that is what I mean.

BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:41 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
Hi Joe! I would like to welcome you to the Excel forum. I would like to put a couple of things out there - it might help clarify things a bit.

You (and all the members here) need to do something for me in order for this to work. I guess it is a huge favor...I would love to see some interaction here between you and the Excel members/owners -BUT I need for you to take off the rose-colored glasses and the cheer-leading outfit when you are posting here.

You are going to find some members here that have had some problems - or are having problems now -yet it seems you are coming in here with the air that nothing is wrong. This attitude will automatically put those members on the defensive because they do have problems. You will also have members who have no problem at all- let these members be the Excel cheerleaders.

You should come here with an open mind -ask questions and listen to the answers. You may find the interaction on both ends much less confrontational than it has been in the last 36 hours....
Thank You
MM
MM, you've placed everything in perspective and this is the type of dialog we have needed on this forum with PI for the past 3-4 years. I'm confident that Bryan Tillet will continue to steer the PI ship through these tough economic times. and, hopefully, get his arms around the other issues. We've made many friends during our 5-years as a member of the 'family' and look forward to meeting many of you in the future.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
For folks like us this is a good time to have these QC discussions. We had our gently used 2001 28rgo (previously owned by a member of this list) and am enjoying our 2009 33RSE RT. This year later as we finally upgrade to our Class 7/8 heavy hauler, we will be in the planning stages of our customized toy hauler, approx 24-26K GVWR. We toured PI in 2007 and will be doing it again in May 2010 as well as their well respected neighbor in eastern KS. I have a lot of questions to formulate and assemble before, during, and after those tours. We will do our best to define our mission ahead of time. Stock is good for most situations, but the more we get into this full-time RV adventure the more our needs have evolved ... and so has our expectations. We have come a long way since our Life On Wheels seminar in Tucson of March 2007.

Dave
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:15 AM   #19

Freightliner Owners Club
I dont own a RV like the one's Joe represents,but he should be proud to work where he does and some of you aren't giving Joe a fair time.If he wants to be cheer leader go for it and he could work for me!

Joe you took a chance telling who you are and where you work welcome to this site hope you aren't sorry?
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:49 AM   #20

Excel Owners Club
Hey Joe,

Thanks for coming in here and sticking your neck out. Bryan should be very proud of you. I applaud you taking the chance of hearing of all the woes. My new unit in my sig was built in early October and I sure wish it had a chance to be reborn with the new QC in place. I sent a movie to Bryan showing the issues we have had so far and we are still working on them. I feel confident you've seen it.

As a retired Automotive Field Regional Service Engineer, I know I'm fussy, but not unrealistic in my demands. I know I see issues many of the average customers wouldn't see. I realize there are lots of pieces and parts there that have to work together and the rig go through hell just going down the road. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so darn atune to things.

On a positive note, I'm absolutely amazed at the wood work on the interior. Oh yeah my shower walls don't leak? That may be a first!

Again, thanks for being in here and feel free to contact me anytime at tomclapham@hotmail.com
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #21

Excel Owners Club
Joe,
I'm glad your here and I hope some of the negativity will soon pass and we can all get some of the positive attitude I feel coming from your experience at PI. I sure don't expect perfection and I've been out on a lot of other owner boards and there isn't an RV out there that doesn't have some issues. Hang with us and I appreciate your willingness to come on the board.
janieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel Worker View Post
It probably was a little disorganized. I have to tell you though. As one of the ones that was laid off for a bit. We have a great crew now!! Really good!! Bryan has implemented a new quality control program it goes from the frame plant to finish and they are checking EVERYTHING!! I mean it and have seen it! This is a really different Peterson Industries, from the one I started with and the atmosphere has gotten alot better. It's enjoyable to be at work now. You don't have to worry about as much absenteism or "flakey" employees, I'm really impressed with my co-workers! When I say "Fit and Finish" I mean it! Our cutting specs got a lot more fine. We have always used under-belly for the bottom of the slideouts, at least since I have been there, I can tell you that under that "black stuff" if you take a look is a water treated board. I cut them personally.
It will be green, thats how they come in new.
Hey Joe thanks for the info on the green treated board on bottom of slide. I think it is great you are on here and I'll say hello when I'm there the 5th of April. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Anybody and I mean ANYBODY, that likes their job, takes pride in their work and wants to do a good job today and a better job tomorrow gets my praise. This spirit is extremely rare in our world today!

AT-A-BOY
Old 01-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #24

Excel Owners Club
Joe,

Thanks for your response to my post on the new Winslow I have on order. I am really looking forward to meeting you when I do the the factory tour at Smith Center. I completely agree with janieD and Jim Stewart. I have owend many types of RV besides my previous 5th wheel - some bad, some good. I think the best thing to do in owning an RV is to have a positive attitude and work with the manufacture and service people if a problem comes up. I again congratulate you for joining this forum and hope you continue to feel good about it. You might even get some others at PI to join. I always enjoy any post by Bryan and now can look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again for coming "on board."

Bill Dunlap
Mammoth Lakes, CA
Soon to be a new Winslow owner!
BDunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:28 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by janieD View Post
Joe,
I'm glad your here and I hope some of the negativity will soon pass and we can all get some of the positive attitude I feel coming from your experience at PI. I sure don't expect perfection and I've been out on a lot of other owner boards and there isn't an RV out there that doesn't have some issues. Hang with us and I appreciate your willingness to come on the board.
Oh well, I misunderstood the intent of this forum! I thought that dialog, both positive and negative, was encouraged.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:46 AM   #26

Well, I'm very glad Joe is on the forum!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by davydee View Post
Well, I'm very glad Joe is on the forum!!!
David, I'm also thankful that someone from PI is willing to face the issues that current and past owners have/are experiencing. I'm just not willing to wear 'rose colored glasses' and ignore the issues that prompted the recent discussions that focused on the quality control aspects.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #28

If an employee of most any other company tried to do what Joe is doing I would bet they would be gone by now. It says a lot to me about what type company we have behind use and I feel more confident that if I have issue with my RV it will be resolved and of course there will be issues with any RV. Hang in there Joe you are doing good.