RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Hey Joe,

Again thanks for being here! I've got a question for ya! Our new 33 RSO has a 9000 series Coleman rooftop AC. This is the unit that has no chill grill inside. Was curious of how the unit was attached to the roof? I been up on the roof several times, but didn't take the cover off.........I imagined it has a wooden frame around the hole and then the unit attaches to the frame with bolts. (No long thru bolt in roof)

BTW, this unit puts out a noticeable increase in volume of air at the vents over the older Colemans. We've only had to use it once (my bride gets hot at about 85*) and it worked very nice. I tried to get Jack to send me some technical info on this unit, but so far no luck. He was going to check with Curtis.

Again thanks buddy!
I keep meaning to ask Larry Hicks about this. He's the supervisor where the roofs get installed. Just haven't had opportunity yet, I have been up there to help him out sometimes and have seen the wooden frames in the roof where the AC attaches, but just want to get more info from him, for you. I hear you about the wife getting hot at low temp.s!! Mine freaks out in the winter if the heater is above 68. Have to wear a sweatshirt all the time! In the summer. Forget about it, the AC is going and there are fans blowing on us at night. Bundle is the key word!

Excel Worker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2010, 05:14 AM   #100

Quote:
Hey Joe,

Again thanks for being here! I've got a question for ya! Our new 33 RSO has a 9000 series Coleman rooftop AC. This is the unit that has no chill grill inside. Was curious of how the unit was attached to the roof? I been up on the roof several times, but didn't take the cover off.........I imagined it has a wooden frame around the hole and then the unit attaches to the frame with bolts. (No long thru bolt in roof)

BTW, this unit puts out a noticeable increase in volume of air at the vents over the older Colemans. We've only had to use it once (my bride gets hot at about 85*) and it worked very nice. I tried to get Jack to send me some technical info on this unit, but so far no luck. He was going to check with Curtis.

Again thanks buddy!
I talked to Larry about this he besides screwing in from the sides, he screws in from the bottom through the chill grill.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel Worker View Post
I talked to Larry about this he besides screwing in from the sides, he screws in from the bottom through the chill grill.
He also said on the newer models he screws in from the top and it goes into a plate below and they suction up against eachother, it was not the most in depth of convesations but I said someone asked and I wanted to know. That's what we covered. Do you want something more complete? I can ask him this too? I can answer questions anybody has and will ask the appropriate supervisor if need be. Just here to help where I can!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #102

Excel Owners Club
Thanks Joe. Would a couple of pix be asking too much? You know pix say a thousand words....it's not real important as it works good....I'm just always curious how things work and in this case....how this new AC mounts up to the roof......part of the ol' engineering in me that just won't go away! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #103

Quote:
Thanks Joe. Would a couple of pix be asking too much? You know pix say a thousand words....it's not real important as it works good....I'm just always curious how things work and in this case....how this new AC mounts up to the roof......part of the ol' engineering in me that just won't go away! rockin'
Well sorry about being slow to get back at ya Tom, My wife has been in Oregon visiting relatives, Guess where my Digital Cam is. Soon as she gets back though, promise ya some pics.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #104

Checked out more videos on here great stuff. Woodhicker LOVED the Johnny Carson Dom Delouise Bit, A. Can't believed the trick worked, B. What a funny ending! Too funny! The I'm my own grandpa video was hilarious also!