Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2010, 06:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdbontly View Post
In looking at all the literature that came with our new coach (see sig below), I have an Atwood Hydro Flame Furnace manual, a Suburban Gas Furnace manual, and an Airxcel Roof Top Heat Pump and Ceiling Plenums manual. The furnace cover on the curb side of the coach says Suburban. My thermostat says RV Comfort.HP (I believe that is also associated with Suburban). So I'm not sure why I was given the Atwood Hydro Flame manual. I believe my water heater is an Atwood, but the manual specifically says "furnace" on it. I can't find a manual for the water heater in the stuff they gave me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdbontly View Post
Work, you are even more anal than me! Hahaha.

I think you may be referring to one of my posts, regarding "how does my heat pump work?". I still don't have a useful copy of my thermostat manual. Even the manufacturer couldn't provide me anything better than an unreadable fax copy. IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS A .PDF OF THE RV COMFORT.HP #9530-335 THERMOSTAT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

Otherwise, I'm doing just as you are; going through every piece of paper I have and either finding electronic copies online, or scanning (I do this with my receipts instead of keeping the hard copies). It's a SLOW process, but I should get most of it done during the cold (dark when I leave for work in the morning and dark when I get home) winter months.

One thing I'm going to have a really hard time giving up is the hard copy Factory Service Manuals to my truck and Jeep. I recently purchased the CD version of my truck manual, but there's nothing like having that paper copy sitting out among all the scattered tools while doing some wrenchin' on my ride! I might just have to suck it up and keep that one.

Yes you guessed right....but not sure I'm anymore anal than anyone else...maybe just different ways. I do have a problem with detail more than I should.

I looked for your Tstat and HP and likewise couldn't find them anyplace. Hopefully AIRXCEL will update the Coleman side of their site in the future to include their newer/current product line. If the Suburban side is any indication....they might not. There might not be a budget to provide the same level of information that Atwood provides.

Have you checked with PI for a copy of the Tstat manual....as an instruction sheet might be supplied with each Tstat. After reviewing the prior posts....I believe you understand the operation, as I came up with the same information you did by using a different Tstat with a slightly different number.

We haven't started on putting everything on the computer....just the Beast information and during the 'dark days of winter' will be doing Travel/Camping information. Most home manuals are already transfered.

Like you it is hard to get rid of paper manuals....I like looking at paper more than a computer screen but can print out the section I need and work from that. I've always enjoyed drafting....when making the transition from the 'board to AutoCad' on the computer...I initally had a hard time. Now I can't give up the mouse, its so much easier and provides endless options. I just hate it when I upgrade after a few years and THEY CHANGED THINGS! and have to learn the newer program. But now won't give them up.

But overall...with the 1T hard drives we had today and all the options for keeping information on the computer...I will save it there if it's something I want to save and maybe look at once every three years if ever. If not it might not be there in the future. Just have to Back UP !

workhorse
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #16

Excel Owners Club
I have two thermostats one for the A/C - Heat Pum and one for the furnace. I would love to get mine to work as described but I haven't been able to so I just turn off the heat pump if the temps are going to 42 or below and turn on the furnace.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoenig View Post
I have two thermostats one for the A/C - Heat Pum and one for the furnace. I would love to get mine to work as described but I haven't been able to so I just turn off the heat pump if the temps are going to 42 or below and turn on the furnace.
What The King said. I've never seen them work in tandem. And the first winter we used our heat pump, I didn't know enough and used it below 40 degrees. It kept running all night without generating heat. It did generate a big electricity bill tho.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote