Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
On my 2013 you can see the outline of the tanks through the underbelly material.

Are the straps the primary or secondary support for the tanks?

If primary, I'll install additional cross brace bars. Square tubular steel would probably be my choice over metal strapping.
Doc,

My 2012 Limited actually has 2 straps. One in the mid section and one right behing the inspection plate. They are only to hold the belly blanket in place keeping it from streching and sagging.

Your Winslow may just have one....and you know why! You're so easy....and such a good sport....but I doubt I'd let you numb my mouth.....I'm too darn mean to you!!! Ha! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #16
JDT

Thanks, Tom. I'm getting an inferiority complex with my Winslow. Just when I get to feeling good about it, here comes another shot. I did check and I have 2 straps also but I'm sure they are not as strong as those on the Limited. Think I'll have another cup of coffee. Maybe the caffeine will cheer me up.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
...Your Winslow may just have one....and you know why!...
Yeah, my Winslow "EL" may only be help up with duct tape and bailing wire.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
I think Bryan oughta being "spiffing" me on all Limited sales....I'm sure he'd like that as the gross profit has be better on those high end models. Each one of those gee-gaws is money in the bank. Doc, I'm gonna get some decals made for your Winslow....how does "Bare Bones" sound??!!! I'm not gonna pick on Jim just yet, as I haven't seen him in person......and he just may be big enough to "kick my butt".....so will reframe!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 01-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTwoStep View Post
I still haven't learned how to post a picture on this site. ......
to post pics - don't use quick reply, use go advanced,
then scroll down to click Manage attachments,
and follow the instructions:
browse,
upload,
and close
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	32212  
Old 01-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #20
JDT

Tom, I'm 5'9" and weigh 165 so don't worry. Plus, age has mellowed me a lot so I can take it and I was in the Army so not quite as cantankerous as some of my Marine friends. The only good thing I can say about my not very biggish size is it is exactly what it was when I got back from Vietnam in 1968. It has moved around some though.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #21

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
Tom, I'm 5'9" and weigh 165 so don't worry. Plus, age has mellowed me a lot so I can take it and I was in the Army so not quite as cantankerous as some of my Marine friends. The only good thing I can say about my not very biggish size is it is exactly what it was when I got back from Vietnam in 1968. It has moved around some though.
Oh...OK....I'll get back to teasing and tormenting you then!! In '68 I was a sophmore in high school. Still wished I'd finished....just kidding. I salute you and all who served my friend. That VN thing was a mess.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #22
JDT

Tom, you add some spice to this forum so keep it up.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Jim,

You are too kind! Stick around, cause I think you're the only one that likes my silly stuff!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #24

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Tom, you add some spice to this forum so keep it up.
Jim, didn't you mamma teach you not to feed stray cats or pour gasoline on a fire?.......

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #25

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
Jim, didn't you mamma teach you not to feed stray cats or pour gasoline on a fire?.......
Oh my....I can see the good Doc is startin' to be one of those "trouble makers" Just cause I said something 'bout his "entry level" unit!!!

If we keep this up...we may have to take this to the OT thread!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #26

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Jim,

Jim, I'm sure that your 5'9 and 165 lbs. will have no problem with a 6'0" and 210 lb pile of hot air. Just poke him and he flies of into the air like a balloon. Tom has been asking for someone to give him a whoppin since MM left us Excel'ers. She would bring out the Blue Whip and whip us back in order. TRUST ME.

You are too kind! Stick around, cause I think you're the only one that likes my silly stuff!!!
As for the rest of us likin Tom's silly stuff, we have to look real hard to see the good that is in the mist of it. (silly stuff)
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #27

Excel Owners Club
still,

210 lbs......I wished!!! You're just trying to sweet talk me!! I was wonderin' where you be!!! Probably to one of yourn prayer meetin's or walkin' one of yourn girlie dogs!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #28

The strap below my water tank dropped on one side due to bolt failure. The result was a hole in the underbelly and a broken water hose. I was dry camping so when the water tank was finally empty, I lifted the tank back into place and fixed the hose using my new "access hole" in the underbelly. The hole was easily patched with some black landscaping fabric and 3m spray adhesive. Good as new!