Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Just 1 More Workamping Story

Gal came in the park and came up and said her cable TV didn't work at her site. I got the little test TV and went down to check it out. I happen to notice there was no cable coax there and just figured she had put it away in her RV. I hooked the test TV up with no problem found. When I asked her about her cable coax she said "what cable????" The holiday weekends really brings 'em out!!! I love this job! Gives me lots of great stories to tell! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club

T-o-o-o funny...

Thanks for sharing that!

Francesca
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
OK...maybe just one more. What about the lady that rang our rig door bell at 5:15 AM. She stood there shaking 2 post cards at me and ask me if I knew the office wasn't open!!!! I explained that the office didn't open til 9:00. She explain that her post cards needed to go out early this AM....

Instead of reminding her that the office door had a slot for mail, I took them and gladly told her I'd mail them for her!!! Funny....very funny. I love this job..... rockin' OK it gets better!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 09-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club

I think you handled that just about right...
Best to humor the one-knife-short-of-a-full-block types, no?

Especially at 5 o'clock in the morning!

Francesca

P.S.

If I may ask...
Where can I get graphics like your Postman?

Thanks!

Francesca
Old 09-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
OK Fran, one night at 12:30 AM a young couple came to the door and said that a big MoHo (45ft. Prevost) had water running out the basement and down the street. I went to check it out and sure enough....it was. I woke the guy up......it seems he went to fill the fresh water tank up at about 10:00PM and went back inside and fell asleep in his chair!!!
OMG! No dull moments around here! rockin'
Old 09-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Gal came in the park and came up and said her cable TV didn't work at her site. I got the little test TV and went down to check it out. I happen to notice there was no cable coax there and just figured she had put it away in her RV. I hooked the test TV up with no problem found. When I asked her about her cable coax she said "what cable????" The holiday weekends really brings 'em out!!! I love this job! Gives me lots of great stories to tell! rockin'
I think we were parked next door to her, the same thing happened one day next to us.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club

Good grief!
I've heard of "Prevost Envy"-
That story would be a great threadstarter for its Dark Twin:
Prevost Pity

Francesca
Old 09-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
And speakin' of Prevost....alot of the younger guys that have these rigs run in groups of 4 or 5. They do like to show off the outside entertainment centers with the 52" TV and awesome stereo systems. Anyhow, we are an older park that only have 20, 30 and 50 amp setup. We plan on having the nec. 100 amp set up in the near future. They like to park next to each other and try to run 3 ACs. We have 5 sites to a main breaker of 250 amp. They come down to me and say "we don't have any power". I run down in my little cart and can't even open the lid to the main breaker box cause it's so hot!!! And they'll swear on a stack of Bibles....they were running only 2 airs......yeah....right!!! OK then maybe you should try running one A/C!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

I think you handled that just about right...
Best to humor the one-knife-short-of-a-full-block types, no?

Especially at 5 o'clock in the morning!

Francesca

P.S.

If I may ask...
Where can I get graphics like your Postman?

Thanks!

Francesca
If you right click on the icon and then click properties you can find the website for the smilies.

http://smiley.smileycentral.com/
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
If you right click on the icon and then click properties you can find the website for the smilies.

Smiley Central -- 10,000 Free smiley emoticons for email and instant messages!
Thanks Rick......I missed that earlier! rockin'
Old 09-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Or what about the 2 very young Swiss girls that came in a rented 19ft class C. I went over to help them when they were trying to put the white water hose in the electrical pedestal! One was holding the electrical cover open and the other was trying to force the end of the hose into a socket!!! All in a days work. Sometimes I think I ought to be paying the folks here for the entertainment!!!

We all havta start somewhere. Lord knows I've made my share of mistakes!!! It just fun to see others do it for a change! rockin'
Old 09-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post

Smiley Central -- 10,000 Free smiley emoticons for email and instant messages!

Thanks!
I'm always looking...

Francesca
Old 09-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

Thanks!
I'm always looking...

Francesca
Can one of you tell me how to get this bug out of my laptop screen?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinSmoke View Post
Can one of you tell me how to get this bug out of my laptop screen?
Here's a handy-dandy "De-Bugging tool"

When used as directed, it can solve MOST computer-related problems...

Francesca, High-Techie

Tags
workamping